Introduce Yourself!

Options
Let everyone know your name, your favorite songs, your skill level, preferred pad, and even beyond DDR! What are your goals? What do you love most about DDR to achieve your goals!?!?

Replies

• Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    My name is Brandon. I have been playing DDR for a very long time, but only seriously on and off the last couple of years. I played A LOT as a teenager, but I also partied a lot so none of the skill ever seemed to drastically change like it has now. I am a Heavy/Expert player "8-9 footer" and just love the game. I have bought 7 of the PS2 titles, and I own the PS3 title. My last pad was a ion metal dance pad without the bar "I never used it, or believed in it but to each his own I say" but within a couple of months it failed me. In it's defense it was used, but at the same time, I wouldn't use very small chunks of MFP to divide arrows. My right arrow easily slides underneath the O button now, so for play at my skill level, this pad is useless. Since I am a full time student, and a father of 2 toddlers, DDR makes it easy for me to exercise at home. As for my favorite game? Max 1 and 2 probably... My songs? The first 20. Too many to say...

1.) Max 300
    2.) Max unlimited
    3.) Healing Vision "Original and Healing"
    4.) Dark Black Forest
    5.) Sandstorm
    6.) Ecstacy "Plus the Midnight blue mix."
    7.) B4U "and the mix from extreme"
    8.) Burnin' The Floor "Blue Fire Mix AND momo..."
    8.) Shining Star
    9.) Pink Rose
    10.) I feel...
    11.) Exotic Ethnic
    12.) Insertion
    13.) Look to the sky
    14.) Midnite blaze
    15.) Era
    16.)Ghosts (Vincent remix)
    17.) Tsugaru (Original and apple)
    18.) Vanity angel
    19.) Sakura
    20.) Absolute

Not necessarily in that order, but I have many...
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Darren and I have been a hardcore DDR player for almost 13 years although three years ago, I didn't play it so much like I used to. The reason why is because I have a lot of things going on in my life right now where I can't dedicate all of my time into it and my house isn't so free anymore. When I practice, I like to have the house with nobody in it so nothing distracts me. I'm looking at getting back into it now. I'm an Expert player, 8-footer but I'm also known to play some songs in Difficult too. I also play Doubles and, in some ways, much prefer playing this than playing Single. When it comes to pads, I play with the softer, cheaper ones as I find they last twice as long as the hard ones. I have a dance mat that's served me for eight years and is still going strong to this day.

I used to be part of a team in Birmingham and I took part in a couple of competitions. Nothing major like in Las Vegas or anywhere like that but it was local and I was placed 7th (or it could have been 8th, I know it's one of the two) out of 30 people and I wasn't exactly the slimmest there. A kid beat me on Max 300 on Expert and I hate him for it (kidding). I was on YouTube once or twice doing DDR but the guy who uploaded the videos has removed them. A bit of a good thing on my part because in one of the videos, my friend beat me by just four points! Some people really have all the luck!

I own all the games (apart from the newer Wii ones because they're nowhere near the difficulty the other DDRs are at. In fact, I could go so far to say that they are a waste of time and if you want a challenge when it comes to DDR, play the older games because the newer games kind of suck now). I have all of the PS1 and PS2 games and own the Xbox versions too. The PS2 games were the best ones.

My main songs are A, End of the Century, Captain Jack, Afronova Revenge (I can do most of the song backwards, not just the chorus, which normally shocks everyone, haha), Love Shine (definitely my song), Tsugaru, DoLL, Cartoon Heroes and Xepher. My favourite games are the Extreme series, the songlist on those games are amazing and there's so many to choose from.

DDR has helped me shed loads of weight. Other things have helped but DDR was a main part of my life and if anybody is trying to lose weight, DDR is a great way to do it.

Just realised that this post is loooooong, I won't bore you anymore so...yeah...hi! xD
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Lindsay and I have been playing DDR recreationally for 10 years. I own every title of ddr that came out on ps2 including "In the Groove." I also have played the Mario one that came out for the gamecube and have 3 titles for the xbox 360 (although my system is presently not working so I have not played it for several months). I own a cobalt flux cf pro platform and love arcade style dance pads. As far as my skill level, I am an avid standard/light mode player but enjoy playing some songs on hard/expert (normally 130bpm or slower). My favorite artist is Captain Jack and a few of my favorite songs (random artists) include: 321 stars, Freckles, Butterfly, Cartoon Heroes, Break Down, Bumble Bee, Candy, Can't Stop Falling in Love, Happy Angel, Pink Rose, and Still in My Heart. I love fast songs that are catchy and what I call "bubbly".

I use DDR as my cardio workout and play for at least 90 minutes a week. As a full time student and I also work part time, I have little time to work out. DDR is a great tool for me to accomplish my goal of staying active and I also love playing it!
  • Laerai
    Laerai Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that this group becomes active! I joined the old one too, but it's a deadzone.

I'm Onn. I'm a beginner, though I've been playing off and on for a few years (always stopped before I could get better and challenge myself). I've been making a pretty serious effort to get back into it for the past few months. Right now I am struggling with 6 footers, but I'm hoping to actually get better this time and not stagnate. I prefer ITG overall, but I'll play DDR, Pump it up, pretty much anything with a dance pad.

I'm a geeky gal up in NJ. Love Harry Potter, Firefly, Doctor Who, Cosplay, Conventions etc.