Opinions on the new pad!?!?

The design I am using is actually my DDR pad design that I am having put on a pad personally that is custom made. A lot of people say these pads are better than the best pads out there, or an alternative since many are not made anymore :-/ The guy who makes them does do it out of his home, and is a DDR enthusiast! Expensive for a home made pad? You bet your *kitten*! In his defense "or should I say mine for him" he is indeed an enthusiast in both playing and engineering the perfect pad, which his I have never heard a bad word about! They come with a 6 month no step missed guarantee/warranty, and their customer service is just spot on! My custom pad will cost me nearly $400, but for something I can rely on, customer service I can definitely rely on "he will email you back within 24 hours every time from what I have seen" and be able to print my own graphics on it with a provided template!?!? You bet your *kitten* it is worth every penny! They do pads for most games "even games that aren't for DDR and Stepmania" and do them well. The pads are not cheap! The materials he uses to make them are much more expensive than nuts and bolts! He does use a high grade Velcro "which is MUCH more expensive than bolts that are pennies on the dollar!" and tests all his new dance pads thoroughly before shipping! I will leave the URL below for anyone wanting a serious dance pad and almost immediate customer service for any issues! Plus, if you need help designing a custom pad "Only $10 extra!" you may be able to sweet talk me into it!

http://www.precisiondancepads.com

I will have my new pad soon enough, and will definitely let you know how it works out!!!

Replies

• angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    I use a cobalt flux cf pro platform (retail $299) and it is no longer sold. I recommend anyone whom plays regularly to get something of similar tournament/arcade quality. I have used pads that have claimed to be "non slip" and always either hurt my foot from stomping too hard or moved the dance pad through play. As a cheaper alternative I have used pads that have foam inserts and although they break down over time, they are more accurate than the foldable type and far safer.

I love the aesthetics of arcade style dance pads, although honestly would have not purchased mine if it wasn't for the amazing deal I got on it; a local college student sold it to me for only $20.00!

Here is my honest opinion:

Pros: Customization (skins), 6 month Guarantee (includes regular wear and tear), Arrow Accuracy (high reviews), Durability, Customer Service and Reviews
    Cons: Price and Ability to Store/Travel (my dance pad is about 25lbs; not sure how much these ones weigh)

I look forward to hearing if it is as awesome as it sounds!
  • I've heard reports that some people have had them out live their cobalt flux pads. I wanted one but like you said, they are no longer made and I refuse to buy a used one for $500. Some of the people though have claimed that theirs have lasted years without skipping a beat. You betcha if it tears apart on me, I will be taking it apart and seeing how it ticks. One of my projects I want to do is build my own just for fun. The ITGX style pad is namely to copy that of the arcade style, and after my $200 fail on my ion metal pad after only 2 months, I am ready to try anything. The 1" foam pad I got was crap. Brand new, and I had it busted in less than a month. The ITGX I think is only a few pounds, only takes 3 pounds for sensor reaction, and is less than an inch thick I believe, so it will actually store pretty close to the foam pad, except of course you don't want to bend it too much or it will break. I will be trying it out very soon, I literally just ordered it and sent in my custom graphics so it will be here in two weeks or less!
  • roguem1
    roguem1 Posts: 15 Member
    I have a Cobalt Flux CF pro pad with no bar. I love it! It is super heavy but it would one of the first things I would drag out if my house caught on fire...LOL

I bought the adapter so it pulls in all the game formats.

I have had it for 10 years and it still is going strong and registering accurately.

There used to be similar ones on ebay but I haven't looked for a while.