Options
pocketmole
pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
Anyone else playing it?

Replies

• kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What, what? EQ Next has started Alpha? I haven't been to the website in quite a while,. I need to go look. I kinda miss my everquest days. Too bad time for MMO's is so sorely lacking these days.
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Alpha has started for Landmark, the f2p sandbox style game that is to accompany the mmo :) I've been playing that and it's really cool so far! Obviously it's very incomplete and still ripe with bugs being in alpha and all, but it's showing lots of promise. I can post a few screenshots if people are interested :)
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    How is it? I'm an old EQ player (from 2001 and EQ1) and I was curious about EQN. I did love me some EQ.

Thing is the concept of the Trailblazer pack annoyed me. Basically people are paying money to create and bug test for them. That's backwards. >.>

I'm interested in screen shots but be sure you're not breaking any NDA (non disclosure agreements). For an alpha there is usually a stricter NDA in place than a beta.
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I saw the announcement but haven't had time this week to check into it. Would love to see screenshots.
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Just to clarify - the alpha is for EQ Next Landmark, which is the Minecraft style sandbox game. It's not the MMO I'm playing. As far as I know the MMO is still a ways off from testing. I don't think that paying to get into an alpha is such a big deal. The fan base wants to be involved in the creation of the game and the developers actually seem to be taking fan feedback very seriously. The things you make in Landmark have a chance to be used in the MMO, which is very cool I think. Of course I didn't buy the account I'm using. A friend of mine got it and has zero interest in playing before launch, he just wanted the other perks and to show his support, hehe. Also - the NDA has been lifted so I'm free to post away :D I'll get some shots up later today!
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Here is a folder with a bunch of the screenshots I've uploaded. Bear in mind that this is in alpha, not even beta yet - so there are plenty of kinks to be worked out and this isn't how the final product will look. These screenshots aren't all that great but they show a few different things. :)

http://www.sandalpunk.com/beth/eqnext/
  • Ready2Loose75
    Ready2Loose75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Played it some. Put in a ton of hrs the first week getting higher picks and a few walls up on my claim. Not sure I want to put in to much more time before beta and I will play it a little more then but I don't want to burn myself out doing hours of mining and chopping wood and be sick of the game before it comes out. Which I have done when I got into early Alphas before.
  • pocketmole
    Options
    yeah, that's pretty much where i am at now. i spent tons of time harvesting to build higher level picks because i didn't want to start building until i had all of the tools at my disposal. got all of the building tools but never actually built anything on my claim because i didn't want to get burnt out from harvesting more raw materials :p i think i'm going to poke my head back in in a couple of weeks when they've added some of the extra features they outlined on the roadmap.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/eqnl-roadmap.18810/