Forum Bullies

Options
agarlits
agarlits Posts: 429 Member
Everyone please welcome Ranimalove to the community. I came across her being bullied in the public forums and she was so discouraged that she was going to quit using MFP. Please show how supporting a good group of e-friends can be! We're all on similar journeys here and there is no room for negativity or bullying along the road.

Replies

• Ranimalove
    Options
    Thank you agarlits :)

I can already tell how positive and encouraging you are by your posts and messages. I really appreciate it. I'm happy to be a part of this group.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi Ranimalove! I have seen bullying here before but I like to think generally it is outweighed by the support. Sorry that it happened to you and hope it never happens again. Also my thanks to agarlits for bringing you back.
  • Welcome!!!

I know that it is hard to do, but don't feed the trolls or respond to anyone who bullies you. This is a scientifically proven fact, the Internet attracts sadistic personality types that get off on being negative to others same with sociopaths. I have been online for over 20 years and the stuff I see in the past five years is worse than I remember.

Hang with the positive people and you will do great! Don't let anyone rob you of your joy.

Hugs! :)
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I can understand what you are going through with being bullied. Glad to have you as part of the group.
  • TapouTFTW
    Options
    While I have not see this sort of activity on MFP before, it does not surprise me. The anonymity of the internet seems to create fools and people who think they are sages; both can do a lot of harm.

Welcome to the group and feel free to add me as a friend. While I may not have a lot of tact, I am well meaning :)
  • Giddy72
    Giddy72 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi there ....... I'm waving at you :flowerforyou:
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have had some bully arguments here (mfp) too. I recently posted a blog about it when one of my friends was cyberbullied due to the debate on clean eating and the blog ended up be a bully fest there too. I actually had to delete the blog. They call it a difference of opinion and I think it is like the real world. If you don't experience or actually witness a bully lashing you don't believe it is happening. So welcome and yes there are wonderful supportive people here. I don't know why they feel they need to gang up here of all places but welcome to our little group.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I already had to have one of my very few friend's backs when someone went crazy on them suggesting to a complete stranger who has been nothing but dedicated and nice that she get professional help....anyway, I sent you a friend request ;) I'll get your back too. This is supposed to be a place to breed positivity and lift people up when they dip. Not a place to be preachy and mean and bring people down.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened. I have seen a lot of bad advice, discouraging comments, and talking people down in some of the public forums. Not good....Sorry it happened. Most people care how you are doing here :)
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    Everyone please welcome Ranimalove to the community. I came across her being bullied in the public forums and she was so discouraged that she was going to quit using MFP. Please show how supporting a good group of e-friends can be! We're all on similar journeys here and there is no room for negativity or bullying along the road.

Welcome, there are some right A** holes on here I was actually verbally attacked on my own page for putting in something which another person didnt consider exercise them unfriended which I thought was funny but you won't find that here :happy:
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!