Renewed commitment to exercise

Options
jogo8995
jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
I started back with brief daily home elliptical and now in the middle of 30 Day Shred.(Level 2 Day 5) I know I need to stay active in order to have energy but it is difficult to stay motivated. If I take a rest day, I feel so much inertia to get started again.

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It's important to take a day for yourself every once in a while. After all this is a lifestyle change so it is good to make habits that are sustainable for the long run. Glad to have you here and good luck to you!
  • Dozer91
    Dozer91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am spending this year changing my workout routines in to sustainable lifestyle activities. This past year I joined a Woman's Hockey League, took up boxing classes and finished a round of swimming lessons. I find it easier to keep up with workouts when I can see improvement in other things rather than just numbers on a scale. Learning sport related activities helps me stay motivated and give me athletic goals to shoot for. Its been a nice change and I look forward to every workout.
  • TapouTFTW
    Options
    I think the key is not over extending yourself. There are a lot of activities that look interesting and I wish I could do them all, but I can't. Trying to over extend not only puts more stress on your body, it can also put more stress on relationships!! Most people have to juggle a job, a family (spouse, kids, parents, in-laws), all the responsibility of living on your own (cooking, cleaning, laundry, maybe yard work, fixing up the house, etc), other things (church, community, sports leagues, etc) and sleep. Spin all this down and you may only have an hour or two a day for self improvement or relaxation. You then decide to focus on an activity that takes 30 to 40 minutes a day (I do C25K right now) and the time for other things get crunched. Deciding to take on something more may just be too much... but you cannot see the forest for the trees.

For me, focusing on one activity with a goal works. I get done with one cycle and then I transition into another cycle. Maybe that is C25K and then switching to a gym for Crossfit or working out with a DVD at home. When I finish that cycle, maybe C210K or lifting. I get to mark something off my fitness "to do" list and not worry about juggling multiple fitness cycles with all the other things make life, life.
  • rob043055
    Options
    I notice when I restrict calories but don't exercise the weight loss is slow but if I add exercise to restricted calories, weight loss is fast. I've lost 13 lbs in just over 2 weeks! I know it cant last at that same rate, but I will take it while I can!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You need to find something you love to start with and are motivated to achieve. If you don't have that you have nothing.