Video Games!

Options
mabbzie
mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
Do you play video games? What console (or PC?) What do you play? Do you play online? What genre do you prefer? Shooters? RPG? Tellll meee...

I love FPS. I'm playing CoD: Black Ops right now and Skyrim. (Yes I am slow on the uptake... I blame grad school! Now I've graduated I have a change to play ALL THE VIDEO GAMES)

Plus I love Castle Crashers on the Xbox 360 annnnd Plants vs. Zombie.
Some of my past faves include Left 4 Dead, Bioshock, Portal, and Fear 3.
Fable is on my list to check out, plus many others. ^_^

((my gamertag for Xbox 360 is same as my username, if we share interest in some games and you're so inclined, hee!))

Replies

• GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, yes I LOVE video games! I have the Xbox 360 and Wii (but generally just use the Wii for old school Nintendo game downloads and Wii Fit). ANYWAY, FPS and RPG are my favs. Resident Evil 5 & 6, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Portal, Fable 1, 2, & 3... the list goes on.

I love the Fable games.
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Never played the Resident Evil games! I would think they're too scary for me. >.> I love scary movies but I absolutely cannot stand scary games. I tried playing Dead Space once... nope. Dead Island even scared me.

Or maybe I should just stop playing games with the word "Dead" in the name.

Mass Effect I've heard of but haven't gotten into yet, too busy with CoD. (CoD is actually pretty new to me, seeing as school sucked up my time until... like... now) Assassin's Creed I played an old school version of when I was little... I think it was on PC? But never played any console games. ^_^
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Pretty big gamer here!! I mostly game on PC, but me and my husband have PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, and Xbox 360! Oh and handhelds, too, of course! We both have the DS lite and I have a 3DS as well. Pretty sure I still have my Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Pocket somewhere, too! I don't like to get rid of them, for backwards compatibility! They're always taking it away in the newer consoles.

I spend most of my time playing WoW (though less now), Civilization 5, and random indie games I get on Steam! I also play a lot of DDR on my PS2 lately for exercise. I've got all the Pokemon generations as well but I'm still on White (the first). I'm trying to finish it before I go to White 2 and X! Other past favorites are the Sims, Harvest Moon, and RPGs in general! Huge RPG fan!! One genre I can't get into is FPS. I just can't do it! I'm better on PC but console, no way! I've played Borderlands 2 on PC and enjoyed it. I also tried Team Fortress 2 and was absolutely terrible, haha. Oh and I like puzzley games like Portal!

My husband absolutely LOVES Dead Space! I can't even be in the same room. >_< I get scared of games so easily! One time in WoW, I was on a low level alt, and a level 9 bear snuck up behind me, and I jumped so hard I almost fell out of my chair!! When I used to play Super Mario 64, I wouldn't go in the basement because the big Boo was down there, even though I knew he wouldn't move. I was terrified, haha! To be fair I was like 9 then, but still!
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My day is incomplete if I don't get some video game time in! I typically play on the PS3, though we have a PS4 that I'm sure I'll switch to as soon as some decent games come out. I also play WoW and Left 4 Dead 2 on my PC.

I'll pretty much play anything depending on my mood; some of my favourites are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Borderlands, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age. I just started playing Skyrim and it's probably going to end my marriage because there is so much **** to do in that game--it's driving my OCD nuts. MUST COMPLETE EVERYTHING.
  • alcianblue
    Options
    I LOVE videogames :heart: :heart: :heart: ! I still have my first console (the Atari 2600 Junior if you are wondering).
    I prefer RPGs: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Deus-Ex: Human Revolution on XBOX 360 are some of the most recent games I played, but I HAVE to mention tha amazing games I played on PC in the '00s: Star Wars-Knights of the Old Republic (I&II), Vampire The Masquerade-Bloodlines (my favourite ever videogame!) & Deus-Ex: Invisible War. I also just ordered a PS3 console (along with a bunch of games) because I've been hearing very good reviews for games like: The Last Of Us, Beyond Two Souls etc.
    I totally think there should be a thread titled "Your favourite videogames" or something like that :drinker:
  • tayloryay
    Options
    I think you'll really like the PS3! Both of those games you mentioned are fantastic. I thought this was our favorite video games thread! Haha
  • Animebride2015
    Options
    i just finished the last of us DLC and have been playing skull girls encore on PS3 . soon i will be getting trauma team for the wii and have a download of earthbound i need to finish, soon it will be mario cart 8 and maybe watch dogs.
  • tayloryay
    Options
    I just watched my husband play the DLC too! Really great story in that game. I'm way too skittish to play it myself, though, haha!
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love gaming, but there's a lot of them I can't play because camera angles make me sick. (This means all FPS games are out, as well as stuff like Assassins Creed) I love me some RPGs though. Especially JRPGs. Between all the people in my house we have almost every system. My brother said he would buy me a PSVita as soon as I hit -75lbs.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I must admit I haven't played WoW yet... I'm a little afraid I'll get sucked into it, never to escape :wink:
  • tayloryay
    Options
    That's an awesome motivator, Squid! I have the PSP but I hardly played it when I got it, and now I never do, haha. Nintendo wins the handheld war for me.

BeeBee, you should try it! It's really not as addictive as people say, haha. Well, it depends on the person I suppose. You can get a trial account that lets you go to level 20 for free if you want to try it.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have... far too many games to get to all of them. Half of my gaming time is spent on deciding what I want to play XD Mostly I play PC/Steam games nowadays, but I also have several consoles (SNES, N64, PS1/2, PS3, DS & DS3). There aren't a whole lot of games that I play on the older consoles: a few of the oldest Zelda games, Harvest Moon (again a few of the oldest), Resident Evil, Silent Hill, the oldest Super Mario games, Pokémon, the FF series and a few other random J/RPG's.

On Steam it's a whole 'nother story, I think I have to accept that I'm a digital hoarder XD
  • tayloryay
    Options
    I have that problem too! I know I want to play a game, but have no idea which one! Half the time I end up not playing anything, haha. I've been meaning to pick Pokemon back up lately, but I end up wasting too much time on MFP and Tumblr!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Haha I completely understand, half the time I end up not playing anything either lol I'm glad I decided to get back to MFP though, it helps set my brain for the day and gives me something healthy minded to do when I'm bored at work ;)
  • alcianblue
    Options
    I must admit I haven't played WoW yet... I'm a little afraid I'll get sucked into it, never to escape :wink:
    ^^^That. I avoid Star Wars: The Old Republic for the same reason :frown:
  • alcianblue
    Options
    ... Mostly I play PC/Steam games nowadays, but I also have several consoles (SNES, N64, PS1/2, PS3, DS & DS3). There aren't a whole lot of games that I play on the older consoles: a few of the oldest Zelda games, Harvest Moon (again a few of the oldest), Resident Evil, Silent Hill, the oldest Super Mario games, Pokémon, the FF series and a few other random J/RPG's. ...
    Respect ! I love your console collection :happy:
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Haha Ty! I won't lie I quite like it myself, but with the console games I've always been a picky quality over quantity person. I know what I like and I stick with it XD

I can also get why you avoid MMO's, it's partly the reason I haven't gone back to them fully in a long time and prolly won't >.> There is too much other life stuff and geekery and gaming, don't want the single time sink anymore ;)
  • KidDisasterJC
    Options
    ^^^That. I avoid Star Wars: The Old Republic for the same reason :frown:

I clocked over a year of my life into final fantasy 11 (mmorpg). I played for 8 years. The community was awesome, and some of my closest friends seem to be people I picked up from FFXI...

I am a huge gamer, but suck too much to play online shooters. I will do mass effect -- the storyline is so good! I love RPGs, action games, but I'm open to almost anything... And I would be lying if I said I wasn't addicted to little games like candy crush too.

Right now I'm playing tales of xillia. Next I want to play the game of thrones game. The gameplay is supposed to be terrible, but my love of westeros goes beyond a janky game. I hope the story will carry it...
  • alcianblue
    Options
    ...Right now I'm playing tales of xillia. Next I want to play the game of thrones game. The gameplay is supposed to be terrible, but my love of westeros goes beyond a janky game. I hope the story will carry it...
    I keep an eye on this game, I've read reviews and watched gameplay videos on youtube. I think I'll get it at some point... Please share your thoughts, when you start playing it, it definitely interests me :smile:
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I play Guild Wars 2 on PC and am currently playing Assassin's Creed 3 on PS3. Before that was the new Tomb Raider and I REALLY like the Nathan Drake games. I don't have alot of time to game with work, kids, and derby, but I LOVE it when I get the chance.