The Games We Play

Options
Spambo16
Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
One of my pals was exactly on her target calories one day this week, and I'd commented on how it frustrates me that MFP only gives you that special message for being under goal, not AT or under.:grumble: I've been known, when I'm right at goal or over by only single digits, to either see if there's a serving size that I think is legitimate to tweak down a hair, or failing that, to march in place (and record!) for two minutes, just so I can get the boost of that "under goal" message. :tongue:

It made me wonder what others do as far as making deals with themselves or "gaming the system", and does it work for you?

Replies

• JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always double check my serving sizes when I'm over daily calories and most of the time I've been too reliant on "guessing" and using the barcode scans without modifying if needed. If that's not the case and I've just over eaten for the day, you bet I find a way to burn a few calories to get at my daily goal. Anything "legal" that keeps me motivated is a good thing.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've been known to come home and get on the elliptical for being over goal. :laugh:
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've been known to come home and get on the elliptical for being over goal. :laugh:

LOL. I don't log all my exercise - I do over 10,000 steps daily in my life as a teacher, and will sometimes race students up and down stairs (yeah, yeah, OH&S and all that - it makes them oddly happy, and gives me exercise) during recess and lunch. If I go over, though, I will log some of the unlogged exercise. Also, having the gym downstairs means that I can zombie my way to even-stevens on the treadmill or elliptical if need be.
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love "zombie" as a verb - I'm going to start using that! :laugh: