Eliminating Fructose----- could it really be this simple?

wow. As a Personal Trainer I am on many mailing lists. Most of them have a certain pitch, a certain "do this to lose weight",
or "have your clients do this". So I typically take the bait and open most of them to check it out. Sugar has been the hot topic lately and I have been reading all I can. I just listened to an 1 1/2 hour lecture on fructose that was pretty convincing. So for fun, I goggled 'fructose' and here are some Wikipedia fun facts:

Metabolism
Excess fructose consumption has been hypothesized to be a cause of insulin resistance, obesity,[42] elevated LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, leading to metabolic syndrome.[43] In preliminary research, fructose consumption was correlated with obesity.[44][45] A study in mice showed that a high fructose intake may increase adiposity or body fat.
Liver function
While a few other tissues (e.g. sperm cells[66] and some intestinal cells) do use fructose directly, fructose is metabolized primarily in the liver.[67]Compared with consumption of high glucose beverages, drinking high fructose beverages with meals results in lower circulating insulin and leptin levels, and higher ghrelin levels after the meal.[68] Since leptin and insulin decrease appetite and ghrelin increases appetite, some researchers suspect that eating large amounts of fructose increases the likelihood of weight gain.[69]
Appetite control
A preliminary human study indicated that fructose may not influence metabolic activity or blood flow in brain regions regulating satiety ("fullness"), and so may promote overeating.[74

(back to me speaking) High Fructose Corn Syrup was introduced to improve the taste of 'low fat' food and we have been growing larger ever since!! Could avoiding, not buying, not consuming food items with fructose be the answer? could it really be this simple?