Still hanging in there…..

Options
Hey,
Firstly, wishing all my MFP friends who've had their babies a huge congratulations! I'm delighted for you all!

My baby boy is due in 5 days, on Saturday 22nd. I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable now and swear he has grown so strong and so much bigger in just the past 10 days or so! Harder to get up out of a chair etc.. hard to walk any distance without getting awful back ache and feeling the weight of this big bump!

I'm nervous about how labour will go - this is my first baby. I'm nervous about how it will all begin…..So many things going through my mind that no-one can answer…. like will I be one of the small percentage of women who's water's break? Or will I wake up in the night with a shocking pain I've never felt before and assume it is a contraction? Will I be slowly in early labour for ages and not even realise?! Will I not have anything at all and need to be induced at the hospital as late as 4th March?! I hope that won't be the case because I'd love things to happen naturally, whatever that may be….

I have a doc appt at the hospital tomorrow so hoping she can tell from the scan whether or not bubba is going to be here soon, or as much as another 2 weeks. Even that doesn't sound far away when I'm feeling ok, but when I'm uncomfortable I can't imagine waiting that long!

So whatever happens, I'll be in touch afterwards and tell you my 'birthing story'!

Best of luck to the rest of you also waiting it out for your babies to arrive, not long to go now, and I hope you are all doing ok!!!
Claire x

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Even that doesn't sound far away when I'm feeling ok, but when I'm uncomfortable I can't imagine waiting that long!

That sums things up pretty well! I am due the same time and it gets very uncomfortable by the end of the day. Unfortunately, there really isn't a terribly accurate way to predict that labor is ready to start, but I've heard a lot of people swear by accupressure and massage for the purposes of getting things going.

I hope you have a lovely birth! Take lots of pictures now in your last days!
  • claire_donegal84
    claire_donegal84 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes - and best of luck to you too! Not long to go until we will have our babies here with us. Claire :-)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I think it is getting close now! Having more contractions every day.