Tattoos

Options
GeekdGirl
GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
A recent post on my feed had me thinking about tattoos. Do you have any? Do you want any? Know of any great geeky ones (or any other kind)? Pics are welcome!

Replies

• GeekdGirl
    Options
    The Phoenix tattoo I have on the top of my left foot :happy:

078_zps512c9798.jpg
  • HelloSweetie81
    HelloSweetie81 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Going to get another one this weekend! I have four so far. I eventually want to get the Doctor's name in Gallifreyan, if that's geeky enough for you! I would be getting that one on Saturday, but it won't work for the cover-up I'm getting done.
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    I have one on my right foot I want covered-up with something else. Did you just go talk to an artist about it? What kind of tattoo are you getting this weekend?
  • sck2008
    Options
    I have quite a few but dont know how to post pictures
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I currently have 3 but I'd love to have (a lot) more!! Two are animals (calico cat stretching down the left side of my back, rat on my right shoulder) and one is geeky (Kirin Tor symbol from WoW on my left wrist)! The only one I have a picture of is my WoW tattoo:

qZMUiht.jpg?1

It's pretty faded now and unfortunately probably my worst tattoo quality-wise, haha. Nobody ever notices it, though!
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    I love yours, tmrw88!

This is my second tattoo; it's on my left wrist. It was supposed to be a cross, but most people think it's a sword... It's faded and my least favorite. I have plans to get it covered with some geek'd out amazing bit of tattacularness (possibly something with the paragon symbol in ME, but I'm not 100% yet)!

Photo021712292_zps77688b42.jpg

*Edited to resize*
  • tayloryay
    Options
    That's cool! I can definitely see the sword in it, haha. I guess wrist tattoos just fade more easily due to all the wear and tear that area receives. My other tattoos are still quite vivid! Do you have any color tats? Mine are all black, except for a tiny bit of pink on the rat's nose. I'm actually not 100% happy with that tattoo either. I had drawn up a sketch of my first rat (Penny Lane) and took that in to have the artist touch it up a bit. Well, he completely changed the design, redrew it in a different style and everything. For some stupid reason, I decided to go ahead and get his version. I really wish I'd stuck to something closer to my original design. It had a couple of flaws, but I still liked it. I just wanted him to fix those flaws, not completely redraw it from scratch!

I was actually looking at it recently, and I think all I would've needed to change really was one line. This was my design:

Js59A86.jpg?1

I think if I widened her neck (lessen the curve of the top line) it would've been fine. The artist said she looked ferret-y. :-\ The shading/coloring was also an issue that I didn't have an answer for. Doing it in a more realistic style fixed that, but I still like my original drawing.
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    Do you have any color tats?
    Yes- the first picture of the Phoenix
    I'm actually not 100% happy with that tattoo either. I had drawn up a sketch of my first rat (Penny Lane) and took that in to have the artist touch it up a bit.

I love it! Super cute sketch!
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Oh jeez, I'm a goof! I saw that one. I really like it!!

And thank you!! I tried to get a picture of the actual tattoo, and realized it's actually really faded! Haha. Here's a terrible picture:

golGSiJ.jpg?1

Maybe I could get it redone to look more like my original drawing!
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have 7:

3 dragons (all black)
    1 butterfly (black/grey shading... couldn't commit to color)
    1 flower anklet (the only one I wouldn't get again)
    1 big sun/star
    1 Japanese cherry blossom tree up the entire right side of my torso

If I had more money I'd get more! :heart:
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Sounds awesome, Cookie!! Money is definitely the biggest hurdle for me, too. I have a ton of ideas, but don't have the funds for them! Next one I get will probably be another small, wrist tattoo. Probably the Pokemon grass symbol!

Like so:

GrassEnergyBaseSet99.jpg

Just the black leaf part. :) My favorite Pokemon is a grass type (Bulbasaur) and I like to go subtle with my geeky tattoos, haha.
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, Cookie!! Money is definitely the biggest hurdle for me, too. I have a ton of ideas, but don't have the funds for them! Next one I get will probably be another small, wrist tattoo. Probably the Pokemon grass symbol!

Like so:

GrassEnergyBaseSet99.jpg

Just the black leaf part. :) My favorite Pokemon is a grass type (Bulbasaur) and I like to go subtle with my geeky tattoos, haha.

Awesome idea! I always want more dragons. :love:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    <
    Not the geekiest tattoo but so far my favorite. I've got 6, soon to add another.

1. Flower&Vine in the shape of a butterfly with gma's initials (cliche but I was 18)
    2. Turtle on left foot
    3. Tribal rose with 1st daughter's name and birth date.
    4. Music note with 2nd daughter's name and birth date.
    5. "Defying Gravity" with maori tribal art alongside (profile pic)
    6. Two peas in a pod on left ankle.
    7. Coming soon......huge piece of artwork on right or left thigh.

Don't regret a single one. If I had more money and more places to put them I'd have more geeky tats....pretty sure at some point I'll be getting a Star Trek com badge tattoo'ed somewhere.
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Awesome!! For those of y'all with tattoos on your feet, how bad did they hurt? I've heard that's a rough spot to get done! None of mine really hurt it all, even the ones on my wrist and shoulder blade! Though it's slightly annoying when they go back over lines when filling in, haha.

I want a Trek com badge too! With the science insignia. :D Not sure where to put that one, though.
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a B&W tattoo of Harley Quinn (from a Bruce Timm drawing) on my left shoulder.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Pain is all relative but if you're used to getting tattoos, I'd say the foot ones aren't bad (lol obviously since I have one on each). It was more of a "tickle" or"twitch" issue. Yes, the tattoos on my feet "tickled" so I had to concentrate to sit still.
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Ah ok, that would be annoying but doesn't sound too bad! I have a pretty high pain tolerance. When I was getting the one on my shoulder I practically fell asleep, haha. I was laying on my stomach and it kinda felt like he was rubbing my back. It was actually pretty nice! The funniest part is, the artist had been kinda gruff and dismissive with me at first, probably thinking I was gonna be a wuss about it, but he noticeably lightened up after he asked me if I was ok during the tat and I was like, "Huh? Oh, yeah, it's kinda relaxing!" Haha! I can't entirely blame him. When I was waiting to get mine, there was another girl there getting a teeny tiny tattoo on her ankle and she was throwing an absolute fit! It was like one letter!!
  • HelloSweetie81
    Options
    I'm just getting the ol' classic skull and roses for my cover-up this weekend. She told me it needed to be something detailed like the flowers to cover the old one. I actually sent her pics of my old tat and what I wanted done since she's an hour away from me. Can't wait until Saturday!
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    Lol, now I want to go get a tattoo again! Some great ideas, too :D

2 of my 3 tattoos are on my feet (the top of the foot and ankle). It's a tender place, and getting a tattoo over a boney area tends to be a little uncomfortable, but it wasn't too bad.

@HelloSweetie8- take before/after pictures if you can! I love seeing before/after pictures :)
  • HelloSweetie81
    Options
    Absolutely!