Post your Non-Scale Victories!

Options
Sometimes we need a break from the scale! What are you feeling good about right now?

This past July, my son turned 1. I wore maternity pants to the party because that was all I COULD wear. I was unhappy and I felt totally defeated.

Today I zipped up my favorite pair of pre-pregnancy jeans. My silhouette could definitely be smoother, but that will come with time. I have a lot of weight to lose to get back to a healthy BMI, but I am so proud of myself for coming this far! :)

How about you ladies?

Replies

• MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Since I fell off the wagon and really am re-starting my journey to a better me, I personally feel like I haven't had any in awhile.

However, I am petite. And I still lost about 15lbs last year. And the other moms at my daughter's dance studio did not know me last year, so when they sit around and talk about weight loss stuff and I agree with something like "take progress photos" or "take your measurements" or mention that I use MFP, all I hear is "Oh, like you know what it is like to be fat, skinny people always say that." Kind of annoying.....but hey, at least they think I am "one of those skinny people." LOL

And just this past Monday, a co-worker said I just kept getting smaller and smaller. I don't really agree, but it goes to show how differently we perceive ourselves compared to how others see us.
  • sopranomama
    sopranomama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think NSVs can be any kind of victory - even if the results aren't yet apparent. Actually logging your food, even if you're over your calorie goal? NSV - especially if you struggle with food accountability! Getting through a workout on a day you'd rather skip? NSV! Continuing to make healthy choices even if the scale isn't moving at the moment? Big NSV! It's all about finding something you can celebrate. :)
  • sopranomama
    Options
    Oh, and MrsG31, congrats on people noticing that you're losing weight! I bet that feels good. :)
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we need a break from the scale! What are you feeling good about right now?

This past July, my son turned 1. I wore maternity pants to the party because that was all I COULD wear. I was unhappy and I felt totally defeated.

Today I zipped up my favorite pair of pre-pregnancy jeans. My silhouette could definitely be smoother, but that will come with time. I have a lot of weight to lose to get back to a healthy BMI, but I am so proud of myself for coming this far! :)

How about you ladies?

Thanks! And I should said the following in the first place - Awesome! Zipping up pants that used to fit, and then didn't, but now they do again is a GREAT feeling!
  • JeniFairchild
    JeniFairchild Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! Any victory can keep yu motivated. I have not actually lost a lot of weight (5lbs in 3-4 weeks). However, my wonderful hubby says that he can tell I've lost weight and its in "all the right places". Makes me want to keep going! :happy:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    There are 3 NSV's that have happened to me since the start of the year:

1) My mother telling me that my dad commented on my weight/size loss to her saying I look healthier and athletic (my dad is the type who typically doesn't notice and NEVER says anything)

2) Ran a 3 mile run at an average pace under 10 minute/miles. (typically 10:30/11:00 minute miles)

3) Had to wear a belt with my jeans because they are getting big in the waist.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's ladies!

Mine is going from a size 15 in July to a size 6/7 now!

The biggest NSV is having the endurance to play with my toddler. We can go to the zoo, the park, wherever without me huffing & puffing everywhere.
  • sopranomama
    Options
    These are awesome!

Mamarundrc, I covet your 3-mile pace! I really want to become a runner - I started a "couch to one mile" program in the fall and completed it, but realized I needed to lose some more weight before my shins and knees got any more inflamed. But as soon as I finish the third block of P90x3, I'm going to start C25K. Good for you!

Keep them coming, girls! This is very motivating. :)