Hello new guild member! And what andom do YOU belong to?

Options
Hello welcome to The Fandom Guild! Introduce yourself by posting your fandom(s) and about your weight loss! Than answer me this. You wake up one morning and have powers, are you a superhero, witch/wizard, or possessed?
You won't need a sorting hat for this! :D

My fandoms are Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Merlin. I've been on my weight loss quest since last year but just recently joined the site.

And my answer, witch!

Replies

• queen_ofjacks
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm a big Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games, Kingslayer Chronicles nerd, along with Supernatural and Game of Thrones. I've been trying to lose weight for a few years but am finally cracking down after a recent influx and a hard look at reality and not being healthy.

And I would definitely be a mage. :)
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have loads: Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, The Walking Dead, Battle Royale, Lord of the Rings, True Blood, Twilight, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Doctor Who and Divergence
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    Since there is no sorting hat, if I had powers I would be a superhero! I hope I don't get the F list superpowers, like can only know things 4 secs into the future, or travel back in tie 4 mins. Secreting meat would be worse ew. Just saying, genetic experiments turning me into a were-animal would be pretty awesome.

Speaking of witch, I think I would belong to: ex-WOW dungeon crawler, really I like LOOT way more than I should. My hubby knows this about me, so I get mad loots that he picks up "by accident" before I give him the evil eye, or start throwing useless cd discs since we got wireless controllers. I used to use the wires if he picked up my loots b4, but now everything in the house is wireless sooo, no more wire fights. I also love reading, and mixing genre's in my head just for fun to see how it would all play out. For instance, someone said "Twilight Game of Thrones" And I thought about that for a few minutes before I got to writing. I think for Twilight, maybe the Hunger Games would be more appropo, you know with the whole veggie vampire thing.

Grim, Almost Human, Vampire Diaries/Originals, True Blood, Dr. Who (and yes of course I have a favorite Dr), Teen Wolf, I have two trilogy faves that top my list of required reading: Anything with Drizzt, except the last one I read where he just outlives everyone and seriously, it was like Salvatore was just sick of writing the Drizzt char. I was chaffed, but the rest were very good. The second one I found by accident, and there should really be a drum roll... Cassandra Palmer Series by Karen Chance. Action, Thrillers, Drama, Romance and a dash of awkwardness. Plus there is a WAR MAGE. Seriously, they are some sexy hunks missing from most paranormal books these days. It is hard to find a good war mage, like it is hard to find free money.

Bonus Round: Funky talents

I love to read, and am thinking about writing. What is so funky about that? Well I accidentally tell people when they have become a character in my story and "I totally knew you were going to say that!!!" Then realize I am in the real world, and there isn't really any coming back from that. Especially when I see their reactions, which is usually some horrified face included with blushing, I use my really loud outdoor voice. Yeah. I think I will go sit in the corner and bang my head on the wall for 20 minutes.

Infertility. Again, why a funky talent? First time my Mom asked me how many kids I wanted I said "100!" When I got married at 21, we agreed to have children right away. That was 1995. I just turned 40. Not one conception! How does that even happen?? Thinking about adopting an older kid, but haven't picked up the quest yet. Still gathering info, and so far am totally overwhelmed.
    My Mom's ears are kinda pointy, so I think that maybe my fertility problems stem from possibly being part elf. Not sure, I'll tell ya if I hit 100 years and am still kicking.
  • Mokushle
    Options
    Harry potter, Superwholock, Star Trek, Star Wars, and LOTR
  • geek_grrl
    Options
    Proud SuperWhoLockian, Harry Potter and Tolkein fanatic, and I've dabbled a bit in anime (FMA, Code Geass, Ouran, Sailor Moon, etc) Mainly I'm a huge Marvel fangirl. MCU or comics it doesn't matter I love it all (most of it), I begrudgingly read some DC titles like Wonder Woman, and anything with my Gotham girls Harely, Catwoman, and Posin Ivy. I also love Image tittles like Pretty Deadly, Sex Criminals, and Fatale. I've Recently gotten into Game of Thrones and it is amazing when the books and show aren't ripping my heart out. Also I cosplay!

If I woke up one day with super powers I'd really want to be a She-Hulk so super strength/invulnerability.
  • SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Alright well this is going to be an interesting array lol Although I will admit that reading the peoples information there are a lot of similarities! Alright well here we go:

Fandom info:
    *DEEP BREATH* Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, True Blood (books only and not all of them, I am an advocate that she dragged it out too long), Lord of the Rings, Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Xmen, Tales of Namco video game series, Final Fantasy, Disney Princess movies, Twilight, Grimm (only watched first season so far though), Marmalade Boy, Dragonball Z, Buffy/Angel, Charmed, My Little Ponies, Nightmare before Christmas, Hunger Games (read books before the movies were released) etc. I have a lot of likes, I tend to go through phases of obsession and then I find the next thing. I was a fan of Torchwood but I never got into Dr. Who. I guess I was just intimidated by the number of episodes because I am big into starting from the beginning and watching episode 1 and on. I have seen only season 1 of Walking Dead so I can't really give my two-sense in on that one ... I think I am done Fan-ranting for now.

Diet info:
    I am 28 years old and currently 385 lbs. My highest weight was 410 lbs at the end of last year but I started dieting on December 26th, 2013. I have pretty much been a yo-yo dieter my whole life, the biggest success having been in summer 2012. I have been over 310 since I was in 6th grade and didn't gain until after high school up to 385. In June 2012 thru September 2012 I lost down to 309 and then I caved and kept caving all the way to 410 lbs. I am having a few issues here and there keeping on track and my weight loss is a ton slower then last time but I want to keep on going to reach that success!

As for the creator posed question I think I would say superhero/mutant like Xmen. Also I agree with Johannainexile, I would not want some wimpy power if that be the case. I would rather have something like shapeshifter (as I am an animal lover) or be able to shoot engergy out of my limbs, fly, wings, etc.

I think this has been long enough ....
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    At last, a place where my screen name will make sense :)

Fandoms: Hobbit & Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Outlander. Not quite there with Dr. Who but I'm trying.

I'm 45 and working toward a 40-lb weight loss before my 46th birthday in August. Currently walking an average of 2.0 - 2.5 miles six days a week and adjusting my diet to include healthier choices. I love to read, and like JohannaInExile I'm an aspiring writer. I have about 100 pages +/- knocked out.

And I would love to have magic powers, especially on laundry day.
  • redpantsandjam
    Options
    Fandoms: Sherlock (the name's a reference to fanon about John) Doctor Who, Hannibal, Game of Thrones, Elementary, The Hobbit, LoTR, The Hunger Games, Star Trek, Star Wars (ep IV- VI) Dracula, The Cornetto Trilogy, Fargo, Disney, OUAT. Tried to get into Supernatural, but lost track around s4.

I indulge my love for all things geeky by metaing Sherlock to death. Mary theories, both pro and anti are always welcome in my inbox. Really. I also write fan fiction... of varying degrees... and... erm... geekier still... roleplay... I'm also an aspiring crime fiction writer, and am working on my first novel as we speak. Type. Whatever it is that we're doing.

As for my weightloss story. I piled weight on following a rough five years, which hasn't been treated kindly by my family (my son aside, who seems to think I could wear a bin bag and be pretty) I'm currently at 12 st 11, and trying to get back down to the 10 st mark.

As for the magic powers? Oh god. Invisibility. Any day. Just imagine the fun you could have with that.
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fandoms, ever growing, Sherlock, Supernatural, Doctor Who, OUAT, Star Trek, Elementary, Disney. Anything superhero, specially DC but I love bits of Marvel too. Super excited for the new Flash show, love the Flash.

Weight wise, I've been overweight since I was young. By 17 I was 250 pounds, which is a lot when you're only 5'3" so I started losing weight and got down to 150. I started gain weight again due to poor eating habits and health issues and now I'm 190ish. Hoping to make some friends and get back down to 150.

As for powers...I wouldn't mind being brilliant. I have the memory of a goldfish so I wouldn't mind suddenly waking up one day with the ability to retain information. Then I'll pair that with some dedication to weight loss via mixed martial arts and will be well on my way to superhero status.
  • Thinbeplease
    Options
    SuperWhoLock, Marvel, Star Trek, Homeestuck, Dr. Horrible, Firefly, Castle (I swear I am not stalking Nathan Fillion), LOTR, and Hobbit (But I am stalking Benedict and Martin). Basically point to a fandom on Tumblr, and that's me. My girlfriend got me into a lot of the fandoms (Mostly because she got me a Tumblr).
  • nekoyaz
    nekoyaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan. My fandoms are Merlin, Harry Potter (I'm a Slytherin), Warriors (Windclan FTW), Homestuck (Patron Troll: Sollux), Ava's Demon, Night Vale, Various anime (Shinzo, Hetalia, Attack on Titan, FMA, etc), and Vocaloid. I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting but that's all I can think of right now. I'm really interested in Steampunk and Lolita. I'm not sure if those are fandoms or what. I just like wearing period dresses and history and Renaissance festivals. I cosplay and attend conventions a couple times a year. I'm pleased to meet y'all.