Good Goals for Squats, DL, Presses, etc.?

Options
lindsey1979
lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
Anyone know a good rule of thumb for what you should be aiming for goals on the most of the lifts?

I'm a 5'9" woman (currently 192 lbs, looking to drop 30 lbs or so, size 12, looking to get to a size 6-8). I started lifting 2x/week about a month ago. Currently, I'm at the following:

Squats: 130
Military Press: 57
Deadlift: 160
Bench: 80
Chin-ups/pull-ups: still assisted
Back extension: own body weight and holding 10 lbs extra in arms

Also, if anyone has good tips on how best to reduce fat while building or maintaining strength/lean muscle, I'd love to hear it!

I'm currently eating a Primal/Paleo diet, usually about 1700-1800 calories/per day with at least 100 grams of protein, though I aim for 130. Carbs are usually 50-85/day (including fiber -- not sure what the net would be -- a little lower). I also do Bikram 2x/week and the rest is usually walking/hiking (15-25 miles per week).

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    http://www.strstd.com/ is a good site to help you set goals, although the 1rm calculator is a little more generous than most.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You could set lifting milestones rather than goals, i.e. 1xbodyweight deadlift, 1.5x bodyweight deadlift etc.

For me there's never a lifting end goal its just right I lifted that now lets lift a bit more :bigsmile: