Workout partner

Options
mommyami1
mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
So this is pretty much for the ladies..... I'm looking for someone, preferably in the JoCo area, to meet up once in a while (or regularly, depending on schedule) for strength training. I used to be a personal trainer and still enjoy motivating and helping others train safely and effectively. After an injury, I have found myself to be a bit less gung ho and self-motivating so I need a little help. There are several gyms I can workout at, but can also do bodyweight stuff outside of the gym setting. Let me know if youre interested. Oh, and I run, too, if anyone wants to meet up for a run, too. Thanks!

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Shoot - I would love to but I live out north and work downtown. But if your ever interested in doing any runs, 5k, etc. Let me know!
  • supersavinglady
    supersavinglady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I live in Overland Park and have a membership at 24 hour fitness. I must warn you... I'm brand new to strength training, but I'd love a buddy if you don't mind teaching me a thing or two. I have been told that strength training can really help me in my journey to become more fit and healthy, but I don't have a partner to do it with. The closest I have gotten is just starting the Body Pump classes a couple of weeks ago because you don't need a spotter and they tell you how to do everything. As far as cardio goes, I used to be a decent runner... but I would never keep up these days lol. Anyway, if you don't mind hanging out with a novice, I'd love a workout partner. I'm dedicated and determined =) If you are looking for someone more experienced though I understand completely!
  • ninapturner
    ninapturner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    did you find a work out partner? I live in Olathe, Kansas and when it warms up alittle I would be glad to meet up for a walk.
    Let me know what you are thinking area wise, etc.
    Nina:smile:
  • mommyami1
    Options
    Hi Nina! I just got this, so sorry such a late reply. I haven't found anyone yet. Yes, when it is warmer it will be easier to get out for a walk/run. Do you belong to a gym?
  • mommyami1
    Options
    Will do!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I don't know crap about strength training but I live in Olathe and I'm at the gym almost every night. I'm seriously considering on going to a Zumba class. Has anyone tried any?
  • mommyami1
    Options
    I used to teach Zumba...in Olathe, no less!! It's an awesome workout and it's fun. Definitely worth a try!!
  • bohardy98
    bohardy98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been working out pretty consistently for about a month now using Jim Stoppani's Shortcut To Size program from BodyBuilder.com. I enjoy the company of women over men and would like to know if there are any women who would like to have a man as a workout partner for Gold's Gym in Merriam.

• tyoung75
    tyoung75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sadly I'm at Gold's in Westport or I'd take you up on that offer! I prefer the company of men over women! lol
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a good strength trainer in the KC area? I have never lifted before but I'm interested in starting and just don't know where to begin. I think it would help if I had someone to do it with and show me how to properly do it. I do not currently belong to a gym but I'm in the Merriam area.