Setting up goals for Fitness Pal

Options
Hello everyone ! I know that I am suppose to aim for 60-80 grams of protein a day. But how did everyone set this is up on their fitness pal goals. Having trouble balancing the percent of calories, fats , and proteins. What settings did people use within the first 2 weeks. (Only drinking liquids)

Thank you !:happy:

Replies

• LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Manually set the percentages, play with them until you hit a goal in that range.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just had to reset mine manually since I'm finally able to eat fairly normally (I'm 7 months out), and I don't want to be eating up to the calorie targets MFP was giving me. I also altered the fat, protein, and carb goals, too.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you asked this question. I thought when I updated mine they were okay. I noticed earlier that the goals were too high in some categories. I knew the percentages were screwing my up somehow, but didn't know if I should keep playing around with them or ask nutritionist to help.

Now I can do it myself thanks to you and all those VSG'ers that responded to your post.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Best advice is to remember that except for the Protein the rest of the MFP numbers should be viewed as a guildline. Our situation is different that the norm. We are under a medically supervised weight loss program that MFP cannot account for. There is no way to set the weight loss goal for more than 2 pounds per week and you will keep getting alerts that you are eating too few calories.

Even after you set the goals so the Protein percentage is around 80 grams you will see it move every day as you exercise. After every 10 pounds of weight loss MFP will look to recalculate so you will need to reset the numbers again and again. Use MFP as a tool but follow your Doctor's plan.