Getting discouraged with bands

Options
kzeug
kzeug Posts: 21 Member
Hi all,

I started my first week this week and I'm already discouraged. Here's the deal: There is no way I can use a pull up bar, but the bands seem too easy. I just got done doing The Challenge and I barely broke a sweat doing chin ups/pull ups. I'm currently using the hardest band I have. Also, I have never used bands before now. I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions???

Replies

• redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I started my first week this week and I'm already discouraged. Here's the deal: There is no way I can use a pull up bar, but the bands seem too easy. I just got done doing The Challenge and I barely broke a sweat doing chin ups/pull ups. I'm currently using the hardest band I have. Also, I have never used bands before now. I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions???
    I had the same problem. I bought a pull -up assist, but it didn't get here until the transition week. I just used it at the first time yesterday for eccentric upper, the very first workout in block 2 . It made a world of difference. In block 1 I only used the band , and it was way too easy never felt it. Now I te first time since I started p90x3 I have soreness in my lats.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Do pullups with one foot on a chair.
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I first started and couldn't figure out how to set up my pull up bar, I used weights. I got in the same position as the person using the video but used weights instead of the band. I tried to really focus on pulling the weights down rather than pushing them up, and I did feel it. Like Redheadmommy said, using the chin up max with my pull up bar was game-changing, but the weights definitely did something when I used them. Maybe try that?