Which Brand? Unflavored High Protein Powder?

Options
ujuoba
ujuoba Posts: 20 Member
I am lost in the quagmire of amazon.com reviews. I need to add an easy dissolving, no taste, no flavor, high protein powder to my food and liquids. Please advise me of what y'all have found to be very good.
Also, which is the best highest protein, peanut butter powder?
Thank you so very much!

Replies

• dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I use syntrax nectar flavoured protein. Haven't tried their unflavoured yet. But I LOVE that it mixes so nicely! No clumps at all.
    I dump it into my water and it mixes up like juice.
    I'm assuming the unflavoured is the same.

I've also heard good things about Unjury. I've ordered some but i'm still waiting for it to get here. I live in Canada, and there was some confusion between the USPS and Canada post.
    Hopefully it shows up soon, so I can try it!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just a warning. There is no such thing as a tasteless protein. They will all carry some kind of taste even if unflavored. Unflavored means, just that, without flavoring. It does not mean tasteless. That being said, it's very easy to cover up the taste of protein powder depending on the recipe. Just don't expect it to be completely hidden.

Unjury does make a decent protein. My favorite flavored protein is MAX protein made by SEI pharacuticals. It comes in Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate. I use the chocolate in my morning oatmeal and have used it to make homemade protein bars as well as various other dessert or breakfast type recipes. The vanilla can be used to much the same. I have not tried their strawberry. Their protein mixes up well even when used in the microwave or oven.

Another note, please consider not only the amount of protein, but the source too. Whey protein is what my medical team wants me to stick with. There are many brands that use a blend containing Casein that aren't necessarily the best source to get protein from.
  • ujuoba
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it.
  • Skykilr1
    Skykilr1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've never found an unflavored protein that tasted even remotely drinkable. I just started drinking Cellucor's Peanut Butter Marshmallow (also have Cookies n Cream and Cake Batter, but haven't tried them yet). PBM is the best protein shake I've had in well, ever. Mixes completely, no lumpy goop. Tastes great and has about 35g of protein with milk. One shake and you'd have 1/2 your daily protein.
  • ujuoba
    Options
    Thank you, I really appreciate the reply. It's kind of you.
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like Unjury brand, though I just received the "unflavored" and the above poster is right. It has a tint of vanilla flavor to it. I have added it to water with (berry) crystal light and it was fine. I have also added it to greek yogurt. They also have a strawberry sorbet which is delicious for summer. I also enjoy their chichek soup flavor as a nice pre lunch snack.
  • jlynn0422
    jlynn0422 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi's protein shakes are great and taste great!
  • reese_gomez
    reese_gomez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the "Designer Whey" unflavored protein powder? I found it in the Vitamin Shoppe store. I have mixed mine mostly with soups and I can't taste a flavor...and do taste a bit of 'sandiness' texture but that might be because I am not mixing it well.
  • Mrslewis711
    Options
    Unjury is really good. Not the best in plain water but it really good. www.unjury.com
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I used Unjury until I discovered Pure Protein shakes at Sams club 30g protein 160 cals, Kroger carbmaster skim milk 11g protein 60 cals per cup and egg beaters 10g protein 50 cals for 1/2 cup (you can put them raw in a shake because they are double pasturized). I tolerated the powder but never liked it.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    regular (not chocolate) PB2 has 5g of protein in 2 tbsp, only 45 cals. I just eat this stuff straight with a spoon. I never mix it with water or put it in food. very yummy.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    As with everything else it's all a matter of individual taste. I tried the Unjury protein shake mix (chocolate & strawberry) and had to send them back as I didn't like the taste and they didn't mix as well as my usual. Puritan's Pride has a good assortment and I tried a couple of their products, they mix well and are high protein. They also have one specifically for men.

After trying some other products I've come to the decision that I'll just stay with my Whey Isolate Elite Series Protein Mix in Decadent Chocolate by Six Star. It has 30g/protein per serving. It's the absolute best flavored mix I've tried, it always mixes nicely by just shaking and is extra creamy when blended. I believe they make a plain shake mix, but have never tried it. Meijer sells it. I also like the Six Star Protein Bars (20g/protein), chocolate and PB flavors (nice for on the go).
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Im saving this because I just posted a thread about protein shakes/powders having any kind of "vitamin" smell to them as that can turn some people off!
  • ginnybsaved
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of almased powder which has 27 grams of protein and no gmo' s. Id love to use it for the liquid part of the pre and post surgery.
  • ginnybsaved
    Options
    Im saving this because I just posted a thread about protein shakes/powders having any kind of "vitamin" smell to them as that can turn some people off!

I love your counter. Seahawks for sure.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

I love your counter. Seahawks for sure.

But of course...GO HAWKS!!!
  • ChaCha575
    ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Almased protein powder? I brought that and the tea but haven't taste it yet. My pre op diet starts Tue.