Drama between bridal party....where do I stand in it all?

micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
Hey ladies. I like you guys more than the Knot forum members so I'm going to post here. My wedding is in about 3 months. I have three girls in my bridal party. They are all completely different personalities which I guess is the reason behind all of this drama. I have been texted/called three times from one of the bridesmaids about the maid of honor. We all decided on the date of my bridal shower about a month ago and prior to deciding the bridesmaid called me twice about the MOH not communicating or planning the shower with them. So I sent the MOH a text Just asking her to touch base with the other girls which she did right away.

Now I had a health issue recently that I only shared with the MOH because I didn't want her to finalize anything in case I had to schedule a consultation on the chosen date. It ended up being fine and the chosen date still stood. I received a text from the same bridesmaid today making me aware that she sent the MOH an email expressing concern about no plans being made or communicated with them and the shower date is a little over a month away which I agree is cutting it a bit close but due to my living situation (living quite a few states away) I guess it's inevitable. I explained to this bridesmaid that I did have a health issue that I discussed with the MOH in case the date had to be changed so it wasn't totally her fault. She came back with the fact they could've been planning decor etc or the fact that the date might have to be changed. She said "I want to keep you out of it but I wanted to make you aware that I sent her an email in case she says anything to you".

Now my question. When do I step in and mediate? Or do I just let them run their course? I don't want to end up being a you know what but I also don't want to idly let them rip each others head off. They are two complete polar opposites which is probably the reasoning behind this. Suggestions on how to handle the situation?

Replies

• Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Email them all saying how much you appreciate their help etc etc and how you know they're both super busy and it can be difficult keeping in touch but you're so pleased with "thing" and "thing" and thank you so much for taking some pressure off during such a stressful time...?

Hopefully they'll both be appeased, see sense and communicate better without stressing you out! (Thank god I just have one Bridesmaid - although they've organised nothing lol) x