Hi, I'm new and a question for you

Marilyn773
Marilyn773 Posts: 10 Member
Hi

My name is Marilyn. I'm 68 yrs old and have 60 lbs to lose - oh!!! I have now got 55lbs to lose :wink: after being on MFP for two and a half weeks.

I would love some more friends. :flowerforyou:

Question - What do you have for lunch? I have stopped eating bread and I struggle with choices at lunch. As many people on here are in countries other than the UK, I'm hoping for some interesting answers.

Replies

• tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    You don't have to give up bread. Bread can be worked in without killing your carb/calorie count. If you add me you can see my menu. Most days I have a sandwich. I use whole grains. You body needs some of this. One of may favorites is avocado chicken salad either with crackers (I think you would call them biscuits) or on whole grain bread. I also make homemade soups. Feel free to look at my menu
  • Marilyn773
    Marilyn773 Posts: 10 Member
    You don't have to give up bread. Bread can be worked in without killing your carb/calorie count. If you add me you can see my menu. Most days I have a sandwich. I use whole grains. You body needs some of this. One of may favorites is avocado chicken salad either with crackers (I think you would call them biscuits) or on whole grain bread. I also make homemade soups. Feel free to look at my menu

Thank you for your answer. I agree with you and wish I could eat bread without any physical problems because I love a healthy sandwich. The reason I have given up bread is because of IBS. I think bread makes me swell up, gives me excruciating bowel cramps and helps towards something called Proctalgia fugax or levator syndrome. So I'm trying some time away from it. Avocado chicken salad sounds wonderful. Soup is good too - I'll look at your menu thank you.
  • Hi Marilyn, 5 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks is great. Keep it up.
    Me, I have chicken or fish for lunch, and removed all beef & pork from my diet, and it works.