weight loss and hormone imbalance

Options
Hi everybody,
I wonder if anybody in this group has hormonal problems that might prevent weight loss. We could share some tips&tricks and general impression on how these problems and medication influence our experience.

I hope it's not TMI, but I was diagnosed chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis, which basically means that my immune system and my thyroid are in a state of war. The disease is rather common, they just prescribe you a hormone replacement medication. My GP told me that this medication would make me more active and make the weight loss faster, but unfortunately I don't see any of these things. I still loose weight very slowly, like a kilo in a month, and I am sure don't feel any more active than before. My tests are okay, so there is no reason for them to change my medication. But each time my GP looks disappointed when she asks me how my weight changed makes me a little bit angry at her and at myself.

Another point is that I always thought that my problems with weight were rather self-induced. I always loved sweets, pies, fast food and have never had a strong will to resist them. I also used to play tennis, but then I quit and have not cut on my portions. I started to gain weight since then and slowly over the years came to a point when I was disgusted with the way I looked and more importantly felt. So I began first attempts to loose weight and were unsuccessful for a long time. I've learnt a lot about dieting, exercising, started running (but not weight lifting, I just can't) and my weight started to decrease. Then I was diagnosed. And now I don't know, whether I just should push myself harder or this very slow weight loss is caused by my condition. What do you think?

P.S. Sorry for my funny English. I am from Russia. Bears, Vodka, Balalaika :happy: