hiking and 5k's around Austin

Options
Hi Austin folks! I am trying to hike at least once each weekend if anyone in this group would ever want to go. I tend to stay within 45 miles of the Austin area and usually do anywhere between 3-7 miles depending on the trail. I still have about 25 pounds to lose so it isn't like I am speed hiking when I go. :) But it is nice being outside and having a change of scenery.

Also, I did my first 5K this morning and while I walked it in just over an hour, I was pretty near the back as most everyone else ran it. I was still glad to participate but if anyone is ever interested in walking a 5k verses running it and wants a buddy to go with you let me know! I am usually free on weekends.

I am in S. Austin if it matters. :)

Replies

• MountainLaurel787
    MountainLaurel787 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would send notices when there's a new post on a thread. ;) Anyway, I live in North Austin but I've been recruiting friends to walk with me. I tend to walk around this area but I would love the opportunity to get out and explore. I'm about 20 pounds from my goal weight and I need to get more active. My job keeps me sitting down all day and I'm trying to find ways to be more active. Feel free to add me!
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    im not much of runner but does anyone skate.....?? i also ride my bike.