Recipes!

Options
I wanted to share with you some of what Ive been cooking, and I invite you to share your favorite recipes. And feel free to link to a recipe if it's from a website!

My bf and I have been going crazy with salmon this week! After previously searing fillets in a pan for a long time, I've become a huge fan of gently baked salmon. Not only is it an absolute no-brainer, but there's no lingering fishy smell, and it's so moist every time.

Basic procedure:

1. Let salmon fillets sit out for about 20 min so they come more or less to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 250F. Sometimes I put a baking dish with an inch of hot water in the oven to provide a little steam, but I've also found it works fine without.
3. Season the salmon as you prefer and bake til done, for me usually 12-16 minutes depending on thickness. Personally I love when salmon is 'barely' cooked and not yet fully opaque, but you be the judge.

Some of my favorite ways to season/serve it:

-smear a bit of pesto on before baking and sprinkle with breadcrumbs

-char some fresh/frozen/canned corn in a pan with no oil, then mix with lime juice/zest, and as many as you like from the following: sliced green or red onion, a little jalapeno, diced red bell pepper, cilantro, cotija or feta, chopped mango

-sprinkle with lemon zest, black pepper and lots of chopped chives before baking... this one is amazing cold the next day in salads

-lightly cured: mix 2 parts sugar/brown sugar to 1 part kosher salt, and dredge the fillets generously on both sides. Let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse, pat dry, and cook. It's delicious with eggs or in salads!

Replies

• nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yum, I've been on a salmon kick too! I've just been grilling it with a bit of blacken cajun seasoning and/or lime juice. And eating over salad. Yummy!