performance amusement

Options
aerochic42
aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
My troupe performed this weekend at the mall for the local Women's Day of Dance. I think everyone of the group dances were screwed up, including our finale which we do every performance. At one point in time in one dance, we were all doing something different until we got to definitive point in the music where we all knew we should have been doing. the only good thing is nobody stopped dancing or made the oops I screwed up faces (probalby because we were laughing at ourselves.

I definitely need ot get back into the habit of practicing outside of class/group practice.

Replies

• Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate it when that happens!!! So frustrating! But, yes, it's a great thing that no one just stopped or got the deer in headlights or angry face. Everyone makes mistakes. It's tough not to let it show on your face when you're going "*kitten*, *kitten*, *kitten*" on the inside! :flowerforyou:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been there and done that... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it's all in how you present to the audience, as long as you've got that "Yep, I did that on purpose" smile on your face and keep going, it's all good!
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ha, it happens to everyone! As long as you can laugh it off, I wouldn't sweat it too much!
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yup, laugh it off! My dance school has been putting a lot of emphasis on the facial elements of performance this session, and it's been great.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    i finally got around to looking at some of the pictures from that day, it's not obvious that we screwed up that often. there's some evidence of off timing whichis honestly kind of normal, but not complete mass brain fade. Some of the pictures look pretty good in fact.