Jesus will see us through...

Recently I had this break, this clarity of mind, a realization about something that has been getting in the way of a work of transformation God is trying to do in me. Here it is...I have had this understanding that if I don't live up to expectations of others that they are going to wipe their hands clean of me, be done with me, give up on me. This is probably because that has often been my experience with people in life. Although I don’t struggle with this as much in my relationship with people, I have off and on for years translated this into my relationship with God. That if I don't meet His expectations, He is going to give up on me and wipe His hands clean of me. I want to tell you folks, this is a lie that the enemy wants me to believe and live by just as it is a lie that he wants so many others to live by. This is a lie he wants me to believe about myself and he wants me to believe about God. If we believe this lie, we aren't free. If we believe this lie, we won't receive the grace that God has given to us through Jesus Chris and the work of His Holy Spirit. We will fall, lay on the ground, keep trying to get up without prevail. The only way to gain victory is to stand on Truth. God knew that I’d have this struggle (just as he knows yours), and He knew that I would trip and fall in this sin again and again, and every time I do -- He stretches out His hand to lift me up off the ground, brushes me off, gives me a hug of grace, and we keep walking. We (Jesus and I) will one day be on the other side of this looking back. He knows it. I know it. He already sees it. None of this is to say that He wants me to purposely fall. It’s to say when I do trip, He is there for me.

This revelation may not seem big to anyone else, but if you believe this lie, it is a life changing Truth.

Replies