No More Jillian....

Options
jbuc07
jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
Ok ladies. I lied.. I'm sorry. I'm done. I tried.. I went to do this work out today, and I couldn't get it to load. My internet just isn't working the way it should I guess? Or maybe it's telling me NOT to do it :laugh:
So, to make sure I got *a* workout in, I went to fitnessblender.com and did their beginners kettlebell workout. Wow, after 1.5m of Jillian, you'd think I could do this. Nope. I made it 2 rounds. (There's 3) And, I'm sweaty and SORE! And LOVING it. I counted it as circuit training, but, from what I've read, doing kettlebell work outs burns an avg of 20cal a min! I'll try and do Jillian tomorrow. Hopefully it'll load.

Replies

• TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I hear ya! I missed my morning workout. Should've started level 3, but now it's 6:30pm & I'm sitting here trying to work up the motivation. Week 2 was a real confidence-killer for me. I don't know if I'll make it tonight. We'll see...

Well done for getting some work in though. I'm a big fitness blender fan myself. 20 cals a minute is no joke!
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    At least you did something!!! I'll have to check out that website!

Has anyone thought about March's workout choice yet? I'm slowly losing hope of being a badass and staying a fattass... bleh :sad::sick:
  • TseliB
    Options

Has anyone thought about March's workout choice yet? I'm slowly losing hope of being a badass and staying a fattass... bleh :sad::sick:

Aww, from what I've seen, badass is a pretty good description. Don't let Jillian get you down. :flowerforyou:

Also wondering about March. I'm on a quarterly cycle, so I want to do one last 30-day programme before I change my exercise routine up again for the next 3 months.

One more go with Jillian? Considering it. I can't accuse her of not giving results. My body has REALLY changed in these 6/7 weeks.

But I still dunno yet.
  • jbuc07
    Options

Aww, from what I've seen, badass is a pretty good description. Don't let Jillian get you down. :flowerforyou:

Also wondering about March. I'm on a quarterly cycle, so I want to do one last 30-day programme before I change my exercise routine up again for the next 3 months.
    ETA: I'm going on vacation next Friday. So, there won't be any logging or workouts. :(

One more go with Jillian? Considering it. I can't accuse her of not giving results. My body has REALLY changed in these 6/7 weeks.

But I still dunno yet.
    Ohh. I don't know.. I can't even hang with Jillian this 30 days LOL!! Yeah, definitely check out fitnessblender. They are no nonsense workouts. And there's so many of them! I think that's what I'll be doing in march. Unless, someone finds a 30day program online! LOL. I'm awfully glad I didn't spend the money on Jillians. Even if it is only $9. A, I'm cheap. and b, I hate her LOL!!! Tseli, I am glad your getting results though! I just didn't get what I expected, and maybe that's why I'm so discouraged? Idk, definitely ready to move on though LOL. I say kettlebell!!! I'm gonna rock it for a while. Hubs got me a 15# for Christmas
  • calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i just ordered 10lb and 15lb kettlebells! they should be here at the end of this week
    I definitely want to do a kettlebell program after Jillian.. I also purchased some more of her videos because they were 5.99 on groupon so ill mix and mingle with those as well. But im over Jillian.
    Shes given me muscles which i like but i need some hard core fat burning stuff so i can actually see them (specifically in my tummy and thighs)
  • TseliB
    Options
    I'm awfully glad I didn't spend the money on Jillians. Even if it is only $9. A, I'm cheap. and b, I hate her LOL!!! Tseli, I am glad your getting results though! I just didn't get what I expected, and maybe that's why I'm so discouraged? Idk, definitely ready to move on though LOL. I say kettlebell!!! I'm gonna rock it for a while. Hubs got me a 15# for Christmas

Haha! A fellow cheapskate in the house. It's been YouTube all the way for me too so far.
    I can definitely see how a lack of results would be discouraging. I guess I'm 'lucky' coz I'm just starting out and have a lot to lose still, so anything is an improvement really. I definitely need the structure of a programme for now. Will incorporate the fitness blender later.

It would be so sad to have to go it alone though. The motivation & encouragement I've gotten from you ladies has been priceless. I know I couldn't have stuck it out this long without you.
  • jbuc07
    Options
    i just ordered 10lb and 15lb kettlebells! they should be here at the end of this week
    I definitely want to do a kettlebell program after Jillian.. I also purchased some more of her videos because they were 5.99 on groupon so ill mix and mingle with those as well. But im over Jillian.
    Shes given me muscles which i like but i need some hard core fat burning stuff so i can actually see them (specifically in my tummy and thighs)

Check out the beginners workout for kettlebell on www.fitnessblender.com You can search by equipment, time, calories burned, etc. But, when I get back, this is gonna be my next "program". I bet we could come up with something for 30days!!! I just can't start until the 17th (Of March)
  • alli4795
    alli4795 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

I also really like the muscles that are starting to pop out thanks to Jillian. Looking down at my arms and seeing definition has been a motivator, and while I still have a one-pack (others might call that a pooch but I'm going to be positive) I can see those v-cuts on the sides that she's talking about.

That being said...I'm also seeing much faster results since I started running again last week - the fat burning is happening and the scale is going down (even if this is a psychological thing, it makes me happy). I'm signed up for a 10km in May and have started working to push past the 5km which has been my comfort distance for too long.

Maybe we could do a 60 day challenge where we mix in a few days of Jillian (or other weight training) with a few days of running per week?? If you're new to running we could do the C25K and a video - or add 0.5km to one run per week from whatever distance you're starting at
  • jbuc07
    Options

I also really like the muscles that are starting to pop out thanks to Jillian. Looking down at my arms and seeing definition has been a motivator, and while I still have a one-pack (others might call that a pooch but I'm going to be positive) I can see those v-cuts on the sides that she's talking about.

That being said...I'm also seeing much faster results since I started running again last week - the fat burning is happening and the scale is going down (even if this is a psychological thing, it makes me happy). I'm signed up for a 10km in May and have started working to push past the 5km which has been my comfort distance for too long.

Maybe we could do a 60 day challenge where we mix in a few days of Jillian (or other weight training) with a few days of running per week?? If you're new to running we could do the C25K and a video - or add 0.5km to one run per week from whatever distance you're starting at
    This sounds like a great idea!! I think I'll do this!! I'm going to try and get out everyday I can to walk/run (ok, walk and *try* to run). And I will do a kettle bell work out every *other* day!! So, I'll start on the 17th!
    And I'm starting to see muscle on my arms, and a teensy bit of the obliques! I agree though, I really would like to see the scale move and burn more fat. It's great that I have the muscle, but uhm, it's hidden... I'd like it to, ya know, come out from it's winter coat...
  • calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! lets come up with a new 30 day plan!
  • alli4795
    alli4795 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    "winter coat"...haha, very good analogy! Let's get summer ready :)