Dieting??

Options
newday1981
newday1981 Posts: 41 Member
Dieting??

The need to keep ones’ weight within a healthy range is important. But many people who want to lose weight often go for “crash dieting” Crash diets hold risks they are often so low in calories that the body starves for certain nutrients and the brain may not get enough glucose. The result is fatigue and malnutrition, sometimes also depression. Many (95%) who lose weight while crash dieting gain it back within a year. When eating too less calories the body begins to preserve body fat by altering its metabolism so that fewer calories are needed to preform basic functions. When the metabolism slows down the result is fatigue and slowing of weight loss. Don’t deprive your body of needed Vitamins and Nutrients because this makes your body go into a panic. Thinking that you are famine (starving) and need to preserve body fat then decreasing your metabolism.

Overt time, fatigue and lack of further weight loss sends the frustrated dieter back into bad eating habits, trying yet another crash diet. Unfortunately since the body metabolism has been lowered, fewer calories are now being burned off. With the sudden increase in calories the weight that was lost is suddenly regained along with extra weight. This causes the dieters weight to constantly go up and down.

The effective way to lose weight and keep it off is to diet slowly and sensible. Making small changes daily. The best way to accomplish this is to eat a well balance diet and increase physical activity. The best diet is no diet at all; It’s an approach to changing eating habits for life. Keeping up with the amount of calories you take in along with all the nutrients that your body needs.

-Living Longer Cookbook (Credits)

Replies

• CassandraEldridge
    CassandraEldridge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've had friends or family ask about my "Diet" and I have said I don't know how many times "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change"