fitbit zip

Options
hello everyone I am thinking about getting a fitbit zip but I have some questions
1. As I do interval running do I still wear it while I am doing and do I add the interval running separate?
2. I do bike riding do I still need to wear the fitbit or do I add the bike riding separate?

Replies

• donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Colleen, the fitbit products are great but its important to get clear about what they can and can't do. They are pedometers not heart rate monitors so they will give you a pretty accurate read for any walking or running type activity but they will not give you an accurate calorie burn for other types of activities - e.g. cycling, weight training, static cycling and other things like that - this is because they can't differentiate between them.

So, what I do is use the Fitbit to motivate me to keep up my activity and steps and be accountable to that. For anything other than walking, basically I manually enter the exercise in to MFP, it will overwrite the fitbit count for that period of time. I use a HRM to get the accurate read for those things, but if you don't have one, just use the estimates you have been using.

Hope that makes sense - I love my fitbit - its addictive. If you do get it and need help getting it set up, let me know. Donna