Spokane kids outings for exercise?

Options
Anyone know of things to do around Spokane with kids for exercise? We walk the trail and hike around the river by SFCC but looking for some new things to do with them both winter and summer fun. Thanks so much :) Oh anyone know of any of those Frisbee golf courses besides people park? my kids wont go there again and we want to learn this game when the snow melts.

Replies

• rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Heather! I'm a Heather too :))

In the winter, having a membership to the YMCA has been a godsend! My son loves to stay active so he plays in basketball in the gym and sometimes goes to the family activity center while I'm upstairs working out. We don't have a yard where we live so this is lifesaver in the winter months or when the weather outside doesn't permit outside play. We also do Sky High on occasion but it is a little expensive so we only go when we have coupons. In the summer, we go to the splash pads--we try out new ones when he gets bored of the same crowd--and his dad and he go to the water park on the south hill. I'm not sure where exactly that is, but they have fun. We bought a Discovery Pass so we use that alot in the summer to go hiking. And...we love to Folf too!!! We usually go to Downriver--it's easier than the one at People's Park. There's a place to park across from the golf course on N Riverside State Park Drive (here's a link to a map https://plus.google.com/113518491238962839657/about?gl=us&hl=en). There's also one in Post Falls but I'm not sure where that is. Stimpi Ridge is another although I have never been there either. Downriver is familiar to us so that's where we go. Hope this helps :)