Loose skin and stretch marks.

Options
I have read in other post that some of you have already lost some serious weight. Can you share your experience?
*What can you say about extra skin - do you have it?
*And when you gained weight until got 200lbs+, have you gained also some stretchmarks?
*Which body areas are the most covered with stretchmarks?
* What do you do about stretch marks and loose skin?

Replies

• AlessiaEvelia
    Options
    At this moment i don't have loose skin from losing weight, because I'm at starting position. I have only many areas that are full of fat.
    I have a lot of stretchmarks. Most of them are on my belly (even red ones), legs, breast and upper arms.
    At this moment i don't do anything about them, but i have tried some stretchmarks creams, but i didn't stick with them, because they were too expensive for me and i didn't notice difference.

I hope that when i will get near my goal weight + sport, stretch marks will become more smaller and hardly visible. Or am I only dreaming about it and they still will be very ugly?:(
  • HeatherMJones14
    Options
    I have had 3 kids and lost some weight before joining here. I have stretch marks and notice my stomach isn't getting flat it is hanging (gross but true) I am losing weight so my kids can be healthy and not struggle as I have had too. I keep thinking of that and that I have earned every stretch mark carrying my kids. It is hard at times thinking of my body but no one sees my body outside of jeans so that helps. I'm with you and would love to hear what happens as we lose weight and if there is anything that can help.
  • AlessiaEvelia
    Options
    It's very nice that you have 3 kids!:)
    I think it's better to get stretch marks from pregnancy than from only eating, but in both ways it isn't the most aesthetic thing that might happen to our bodies. I got mine only from eating like pig. So i must say that your stretch marks were worth that you got 3 children, but in my case i should be only ashamed.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I have some most likely from pregnancy and fat. They are just a part of me that I don't pay much attention to anymore because I'm too busy working on the fat. I recently started adding weights to my exercises so I can hopefully cut down on the loose skin issue. But I think it could happen no matter what you do if you've been obese for a very long time.