New to this

Options
Hello All,

I am new to the discussion board! I'm 30 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 25. I opted to go on birth control to help regulate my cycle. I've always struggled with my weight, fluctuating up and down since I've been out of high school. I never did much research on PCOS when I first got diagnosed, I was just worried about weather or not I would be able to have kids. I was told that as long as I do the treatments, I wouldn't have any issues later on when I wanted to start a family. I was told to lose some weight and that was about it.

Throughout the years, I went off and on healthy eating kicks and working out kicks, always failing and then going back to eating really crappy. Now that I'm older, I don't want to be on birth control anymore, I want a family within the next few years. I realized I was so lost at trying to figure out what my next steps were! I just feel like it was never explained to me fully, just the symptoms that were occuring with me, what could happen if I didn't get it into check and that was that.

This past week I took the initiative to contact a nutritionist, because I can't do this on my own. I am very satisfied with our first consultation and it gave me confidence and hope. I must also add, that I am an addict in recovery who's addiction manifested through binge eating recently. It's been an overwhelming roller coaster the past 4 months. I found some articles that discuss links between PCOS and eating disorders. Has anybody else had this experience??
I started going to Overeaters Anonymous in December and started working my recovery in my eating habits, and it's helping, however, learning all the nutritional breakdown of things is really challenging.
My nutritionist has me on a 1500 calorie a day diet, focusing on taking in no more than 165 carbs. I just started my lifestyle change with the eating this week all over again, sticking mostly to colorful veggies, and lean proteins. I forgot to add, my nutritionist asked me to start working out twice a day as well, just little 15minute walks/runs starting out.

What is everyone else eating, and what's everyone else doing for a workout??