Fitbit

Options
agarlits
agarlits Posts: 429 Member
Just got the Flex yesterday. Great investment and I love how it communicates back and forth with MFP. Anyone else have one or thinking about getting one?

Replies

• kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. I was going to get a Force but heard bad things + I like being able to switch bands.
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I thought about it ... really wanted the Force but was hesitant due to the rash reports (and ultimately the recall) so I never did.

Got a Polar H7 HRM instead and pair it to my phone for the time being. It's great for tracking my workouts and I'll be able to use it w/GPS on my bike this season when Spring finally arrives.

I could also pair it with a Polar Loop wrist thing, like the Flex, if I wanted. I won't do that though, unless they come up with an Android app for the Loop.
  • agarlits
    Options
    Good thing you didn't get the force. They just recalled them because some people were having allergic reactions! They did give all the customers a complete refund however even though most of them have been wearing them for quite some time. I thought that was classy.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and loved it until my computer broke so its pretty useless now :(
  • agarlits
    Options
    I thought about it ... really wanted the Force but was hesitant due to the rash reports (and ultimately the recall) so I never did.

Got a Polar H7 HRM instead and pair it to my phone for the time being. It's great for tracking my workouts and I'll be able to use it w/GPS on my bike this season when Spring finally arrives.

I could also pair it with a Polar Loop wrist thing, like the Flex, if I wanted. I won't do that though, unless they come up with an Android app for the Loop.

I have a polar FT40 that I love. Another great investment, I wont buy any other brand of HRM. I was going to get a model that had the GPS feature but at the time 90% of my workouts were in the gym so it wasn't really justifiable.
  • agarlits
    Options
    I have the flex and loved it until my computer broke so its pretty useless now :(

You can still track everything on your phone and most smartphone wall adapters will fit a USB cable these days so you could charge it that way.
  • April_KT
    Options

You can still track everything on your phone and most smartphone wall adapters will fit a USB cable these days so you could charge it that way.

No because it has to sync to a USB port to refresh the website, i have the iphone 4 which doesn't have a place for the dongle. I dont know any other way to keep up with it besides buying a new computer
  • agarlits
    Options

No because it has to sync to a USB port to refresh the website, i have the iphone 4 which doesn't have a place for the dongle. I dont know any other way to keep up with it besides buying a new computer

Is it paired with your iPhone? Mine communicates directly with my phone through Bluetooth. I haven't even docked it to the computer besides to charge it when I first opened it.
  • April_KT
    Options

Is it paired with your iPhone? Mine communicates directly with my phone through Bluetooth. I haven't even docked it to the computer besides to charge it when I first opened it.

I cant figure out how to do this.. i turned on my Bluetooth and hit search for signal and nothing popped up, ever haha maybe im doing something wrong :sad:
  • TapouTFTW
    Options
    I have been thinking about the FitBit, but have yet to pull the trigger. I have a HRM I use when I am working out to a fitness DVD, but I don't use it for running. The band that goes around the chest bugs me something fierce.

Their ability to connect with a scale, MFP and other apps is really, REALLY cool. Now all they need some the Fitbit Byte! Something that can scan your food before and after you eat it, transferring all the relevant data.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I got the fitbit in January, and love it. I did find out though, just yesterday, that it is over estimating my daily calorie burn. I never entered my walking or running stride when I got it, so I have entered that in and hopefully that will help. It tells me I'm burning on average over 2300 cals a day and I'm burning more like 2000-2100 so big difference. I'm hopeing to find a fix for the discrepency, but haven't been able to so far. The best part about it is it does motivate me to move more. A LOT more.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Only newer phones will communicate with the fitbit. I have a droid Razr Maxx, and because it's not the HD version, and has an older operating system it will not communicate with it. I'm waiting patiently for my upgrade window in September, till then, I'm tied to the computer for fitbit info.
  • April_KT
    Options

Only newer phones will communicate with the fitbit. I have a droid Razr Maxx, and because it's not the HD version, and has an older operating system it will not communicate with it. I'm waiting patiently for my upgrade window in September, till then, I'm tied to the computer for fitbit info.

Thanks for the info! i upgrade in June i believe :)
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just got one on Monday & I love it so far. It's so easy to wear & forget about. I synced it with MFP & love how easy it does that, but have no idea what to do with the extra exercise calories it tries to give me. I always delete them because I wasn't accounting for them before I got the Fitbit, so why would I now? It gives me exercise cals just on my normal days, from walking to class & stuff. It seems ridiculous to me because I'm still not walking more than 5,000 steps a day, which seems like a pretty small amount of steps already - so why would I count that as 'exercise'? Anyone else want to weigh in on this??
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Love my flex have had it for a year! The Flex and MFP are really helping me to stay accountable
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Hi the flex gives you "extra" calories form just moving around,but I get what you are saying. For instance, I have a lot of friends that count cleaning as burning calories, which is great, but I don't feel like I need to because I just have to clean :ohwell: Hope you enjoy your flex!!
  • llkdjohnson1
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for two days, so far so good. I am thankful to see the extra calories I burn just doing normal activity. My fitbit is the fitbit one.