Losing weight for costumes?

Options
How many of us are losing weight for that better costume fit?

May not be the only reason, but there is something totally depressing every year when I want to dress up as a fav char and nothing is my size. Seriously, they should know by now that fandom comes in all sizes. Especially the readers, artists, writers. So much of it sitting down.

What char are you especially looking forward to being this year?

Replies

• SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is honestly one of my secret wants ...to go to a convention in Cosplay but unfortunately I have always been big. I have found sites that make the costumes in my size but honestly I feel like I would ruin the characters if I did that!! Thats just my personal opinion of myself though ^_^ Someday if I stay on track I hope to succeed!! You can do it too!!!

Who would you go as if you could ?

I have a lot of options if I did:
    Tales of Namco Game characters
    Final Fantasy Characters
    Fragile Dreams
    Game of Thrones (RENLY!!!)
    Sailor Moon

The sad part though is most of the characters that I would cosplay are male ... but I really like their outfits!!!
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    We can do it, we are in a group quest!

All my favorite chars seem to have blue eyes, and my eyes are a mysterious amber/dark green. But, if I went all out:

Khaleesi, the dragon mother... She kicks so much butt simply by being - WANT!
    I would have to do at least one Dark Drow for Drizzt - better with a group!
    Cassandra, The Pythia (in the Cassie Palmer Series) She is walking chaos, I could TOTALLY pull that off!

I am sure there are soo many more, and I have great sewing skills. I just bought a new sewing maching that I haven't even gotten out of the box due to looking at it *instadrool*. That is my start however :D
  • SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ooooo I am a Khaleesi fan but unfortunately tend to root for the underdogs.... Starks lol. My favorite of all of them so far is Arya but I am married to a Lannister fan so you can see how that goes ... I caved and bought her a hoodie that says "Tis a nice day for a Red Wedding" for valentines day. If I was going to dress up as anyone from Game of Thrones it would probably be Arya, Sansa or a male character.
    Not to sound funny but what is Drizzt?
    I did dress up for halloween a couple of times in high school once as a Saiyan from Dragonball Z and then for our senior year mascarade my group of friends and I all went as our Dungeons and Dragons characters. Mine was a brownie that could transform into an elf after getting over a curse. I still remember I put way too much glue on my elf ears ...owie coming off.
  • Sugar_Chaos
    Options
    Right now I'm aiming low with a pokemon Hex Maniac... Though eventually I'd love to do Seras Victoria from Hellsing Ultimate.
  • Melamuse
    Melamuse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a supernatural cosplay I want to revamp, and I told myself I can go cosplay at a con once I lose a certain amount of weight (or at least fit into a smaller size).
    And I mean go all out, like props and color contacts. Only once I reach my goal.
    It's definitely something to look forward to and keep me going!
  • nekoyaz
    nekoyaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a costume for Pirate Miku (Vocaloid) that I have to alter because I've lost a bit of weight and it looks baggy but not enough to retire. I want be able to cosplay other Vocaloids and a few Hetalia characters that look pretty awful on me now. I'm currently a size 24 and for the Miku costume, I got the skirt extra long because I don't want to show my thighs. It's pretty much impossible to crossplay. But I'm working on it. I'm hopping by next year I can cosplay more characters. Good luck everybody ^-^
  • Lothlorien_Woods
    Lothlorien_Woods Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yessssss I am currently motivated by cosplay!! I just posted about this on my Insta a few days ago. I am "walking through Middle Earth" and joined Planet Fitness. I am not big and curvey but I put all my weight in my tummy which of course for most of the cosplays I want to do characters have flat tummys. It doesn't matter that I have skinny arms and legs most people are looking at the tummy so I end up feeling ugly in cosplays even though over all I am not a big person but I am very short (less than 5 ft) so my big tummy makes me look real fat in certain cosplays. Mostlqy characters that wear spandex.