Newbie here and wanted to say Hi :)

Options
mlp2004
mlp2004 Posts: 13 Member
So texasgardnr mention this group on Leslie's page so I walked right over and found it and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a 43 yr old stay at home Mom of two boys aged 8 and almost 5. I've been overweight since hitting my 30's and just kept ignoring it. Always saying tomorrow or next week. Well almost 2yrs ago I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and am on 2 medications for that and at my last physical I was told that I have the beginnings of fatty liver. Both are reversible if I lost weight. Even with these two motivators I still did nothing. What changed was me realizing that as much as I Love my Husband he could never be a single father and I want to be here to raise my boys. So I started taking Jazzercise which I enjoyed but couldn't walk for two days afterwards. It made my feet very sore and my toes would go numb so of course that was another excuse to stop. This January I was at my highest weight of 198 and I always said I would never get to 200. I was talking to my friend one day and she mentioned Leslie's program and lent me a couple of her DVD's she had and I've been hooked since. Started tracking on MFP all my food and bought a fitbit to help track steps and calories burned and haven't looked back. It's been 7 weeks yesterday and I am down 16 Lbs and I fit into jeans I haven't worn in 2 yrs :)

I know it's not going to happen over night but it is so nice to see progress on the scale and to feel it in my body. 7 weeks ago I tried Leslie's 3 Fast miles and almost died. Tonight I did her 4 Fast miles and made it through. Sweating a lot but was able to keep up with the boosted walking and my feet don't hurt YEAH!

Hope to get to know you all :)
Mandi

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandi! What a dear friend you have to lend you her DVDs and introduce you to Leslie :smile:

I am o glad that you found the walk group. Feel free to walk on over to the February's walk challenge and walk a couple of miles with us during the last couple of days left! Read the first post there if you have a question or two :smile: .

And please join in on March's challenge when it is posted in a day or so. The ladies who walk the challenges are such a wonderful group of encouragers and awesome walkers :smile: .

I am still fond of LS 3 Fast Miles as that was my first 3 mile w/o that I ever did and it nearly kicked me to the curb the first time :noway: . More than likely we all have our favorite milestone walks that mark a challenge of some sort that we overcame or a major increase of mileage walked.

texasgardnr :flowerforyou: