Diet coke and other drinks

Options
I have problem that i'm addicted to zero cola, because it has very few calories, it tastes sweet and like coca cola. But i know it's very unhealthy. Have anyone had the same problem? How you managed to drink less those diet sodas and what you use instead of them when you want something sweet and with low calories?

Replies

• 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda by moving to a carbonated flavored water, then to a non-carbonated flavored water, and now I drink plain water with no problem. I don't even drink juice anymore. I think trying to quit cold turkey can be very hard for some.
  • AlessiaEvelia
    Options
    How much plain water you drink per day and why so much?
  • jarnold82
    jarnold82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made the decision to give up sodas of any kind in August. At first it was hard, but now, I do not want a soda at all. I also drank the sparkling mineral water at first to give me that carbonated feeling of a drink. Now I occasionally drink it, but not often. I have never drank diet sodas because the artifical sweetner gives me a terrible headache. My goal is to drink 80 ounces of water every day and I log it on the Waterlogged app on my phone. It really helps me to keep up with it throughout the day. I like to cut up a lemon or lime and add to the water just to give it a different flavor.

As for the quantity of water, I have read several different articles about how much water to drink each day. Most said to drink at least 64 ounces a day and some articles said to drink 1/2 your body weight...that seemed excessive so I chose to drink 80 ounces. I do feel better when I drink my water.