Women's Walk of New Bern

Options
Kalezme
Kalezme Posts: 9 Member
About a year ago I started a walking group for women in the New Bern area. We meet on a regular basis and walk together encouraging one another in our fitness goals. If you are looking for friends to walk with and would like to add walking as a means of fitness, you will find our group on meetup.com. Our group attracts new people to the area, military wives, the working woman, and the retired woman.
We enjoy reaching out to the community by participating in charitable walks. Last year we contributed 100 canned goods to RCS, (pretty good for our first charitable giving) and passed out candy canes at Christmas time, to people shopping on Middle St. We are in the process of letting New Bern know that we are here for any woman who would like a friend to walk with.
Why a walking group? These days it's safer for women to walk in a group. It also helps to pass the time quicker and we enjoy talking while walking making it an enjoyable activity. Walking also helps one stay focused and committed to personal goals.
Our walks are for 1 hour usually walking between 2 and 3 miles. We meet 2 - 3 times a week. Join us!

Replies

• Kalezme
    Kalezme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just found the guidelines for posting. Not sure if what I posted was within the guidelines. If anyone finds this inappropriate for this site I will delete it. Just let me know.