Stretching runstreak from 100 to 365 days

Options
OK, so I"m telling y'all this to stay accountable. Yesterday was the 100th day of my run-streak that began in November. I've decided to try to stretch it to 365 days! :happy:

Here's my very brief blog post (100 Days Down, Can I please have 265 more?) announcing it: http://www.runninggrooveshark.com/02/27/100dayrunstreak/

So who else is run-streaking and what day are you are you on?

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

I began my current run streak about the same time as you (early November) and plan to extend it as well!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I can't access your blog from work, but my streak was 16 days or so earlier this month. I'd love to try it again (today will be day 3) but I love my rest too much haha ;)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    No thanks. My body enjoys it's rest days when it gets them. You guys go ahead and run on though. :tongue:
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I could never do that. I need rest days every 4-5 days, especially when my mileage peaks. But good luck to you!
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Nice work! And go for it!

I'm not a streaker myself. I tried to streak once, and made it to around 60 days. It wasn't for me, though.... On the day I quit, it was because I realized I had absolutely no idea what "day" I was on. And I wasn't even disappointed I threw in the towel.

But I really admire those of you who do streak!
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Keep it up.

I did the Runner's World Holiday run streak starting on Thanksgiving day and made it through New Years - and then another two weeks before life got in the way.

I learned a lot about my body and found that running more often agreed with me.

I'm not currently streaking (well, I sort of am, since i've run every day in the last week), but I probably will try to do 30 - 60 day streaks a couple of times a year for motivation. I have upped my average day's per week since my streak ended in mid January to about 5.5 - 6 days a week.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've ran 90 some days straight, but I dont intend to sustain it. I suspect it ends sometime in the next 2 weeks. I'm running 70 miles a week or more and will go higher in the summer, so that is enough. I'm prone to obsessive behavior anyhow, so I dont need another obsession :)
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I started a streak with the "Thanksgiving to New Year's Day" group. Still going. Day 95 I think. My brother just started YEAR 4 of his streak
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    When you streak--do some of you just run a mile or so as a rest day? I can't imagine not having some sort of rest day.