For those more than 1 year out - What are your stats?

Options
pbit
pbit Posts: 10 Member
I had the Gastric Sleeve on 12/10/12 - wondering for those of you who are 1 year or more out from your sleeve - what are you eating, how many calories, etc... how much are you exercising? Have you hit your goal?

I never hit my goal. I got down to 163 and now am back to 175 and not happy about it (neither is my PA at my surgeons office). My goal was 145 lbs.

For those who have hit goal and been successful, please share any wisdom, advice, or tips.

Thank you!

Replies

• LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YES PLEASE SHARE!! I was sleeved 03/19/2012 and I too never hit my goal. I was down to 183 and now I am 6.5 months preg so I suppose I can't really count my gain now, but I was at a point where it was HARD to lose an ounce. I was working out and I admit that I was eating more carbs than I should.
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm trying to get BACK to goal, but I'm coming up on 3 years post-op. I aim for no more than 1200 calories / day, and I usually don't eat additional to compensate for a workout unless I'm burning more than 500 calories. (I love to hike, and I can burn over 2000 on a longer hike, so I generally eat more on those days, but nowhere near what I'm burning). I aim to keep net carbs under 50. I work out most days often jogging or hiking, but aiming to get in 10,000 steps most days (I have a FitBit).
    I got down to about 142 (I'm 5'7), 140 was my goal, but hit a rough patch with sugar and binge eating. Now that I'm back on track, I'm losing about 5 pounds / month, have about 17 to goal.
    I focus on protein, and veggies. I avoid carbs, sugar, and fruit. I do have a small piece of naan once a week, or 1/3 of a low carb tortilla for a wrap at lunch, or a couple of croutons, but those are really my only carb sources (I substract fiber and sugar alcohols).
  • Rumble_Strips
    Options
    Hi, New here also. I was Sleeved May 15th 2012. I started at 303lbs, got down to 213 at about 9 months out and am now at 230 and not happy about this. I have went back to drinking Cherry Coke and fast food. I have actually thrown everything out the window and went back to my eating habits before surgery.
    I have no one or nothing to blame but myself and I am sad and frustrated. I'm not sure how far I have stretched my stomach but it's no where near before surgery so I need to get back on track.
    I'm sorry for those struggling in my same situation but am happy to know I;m not alone.
  • pbit
    pbit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I have not gone back to pop or fast food, but sweets, desserts and goodies. My workplace is bad - every day there is something and I have gained 10 of those pounds just by startng a new job - started in July 2013. Not to mention I sit all day. I do try to get up & move around, and thankfully my mailbox is downstairs and I do take the stairs. I just feel like I was so gun ho the 1st 6 months after surgery and now don't seem to care as much. Not sure what my deal is? I should care! As far as exercise, I don't hate it, in fact I like it when I have someone to do it with, just no fun alone. I posted on my FB page looking for a work out buddie and nobody responded. :( I know when the weather gets better (I live in MI) that will make a huge difference (I hope).
  • ChrisTina_Fisher
    Options
    I was sleeved on 02-18-2013 at 383#. I started my medically supervised diet at 436#, 10-16-2012. I am still working towards a healthy weight, but it hasn't been easy. I am currently at 216# and am having my right knee replaced at the end of April. I am hoping that this will help me get to an ideal BMI. I really don't have a specific goal weight, but if I can get to a comfortable weight, I'd be happy. I am just excited that I am finally able to get a knee replacement and eventually will be able to do more than just chair exercises!
  • cbarrett75
    Options
    363 days out...sleeved on 03/04/13.

HW: 324
    CW: 201.4

Weight loss has slowed, but that is owed to some terrible decisions I have made regarding food choices. Looking to get back on track so I can get to my goal of 170lbs

The good news is...I still have good restriction and I feel better than I have in years...
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve surgery 6/11/12 Post op was 270 on 2/1/12 and on surgery date was 223. WLS program surgeon doesn't give goal weight at my program but I met their "goal" of loosing % of excess weight in Dec 2012 and then met my own personal goal weight of 130 in April 2013 I think. I got as low as 124 but then started maintence and up'd calories to around 1500 a day and now weigh around 135-140 depending on the week. I keep calories at 1490 a day and do not eat back my burned exercise cals. I work out 2-3 times a week at gym usually cardio. Couldn't do alot of gym workouts from Nov-till a couple weeks ago due to carpal tunnel issues and hand surgery end of Jan 2014. Went back to gym workouts 2/11/14 after release from dr but just did cardio but last week added back in some strength training but my hand was hurting some after I did them but will continue with 20 minutes cardio workout usually elliptical machine burning 200 cals and 15 minutes of strength training burning about 100 cals per my Polar HRM.

Maintence is tough. Many foods go down TOO easy! Usually the bad ones like cookies, ice cream.... I have learned by trial and error what to bring back into my house. Surgery only is on the stomach and not the head so stress eating can return if you're not careful. I went from 24W pants to size 4 or 6 and 3XL tops to size small.

I don't regret my decision at all! Just wish I had it sooner. Would love to have plastic surgery for skin removal but my health insurance won't pay for it and it is very very expensive as I have looked into already. I am also scared about the complication rate, pain and the drains so I just live with flabby upper arms and loose skin on tummy.

Good luck to all!