Options
lwoodroff
lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
here you go, ladies :)

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I failed on my february goals so hardcore I'm going to make March simpler and more abstract. Give myself some leeway. In a way.

1. Get 8+ hours of sleep at least 5 times a week
    2. Go back to doing cardio/hiit/body weight at least twice a week
    3. Back to 16:8 IF. No ifs or buts or "easing into it" here. I need to be more strict with myself
    4. Progression with Wendler being a little less "linear", I have to go off E1RM to set goals. (Current -> goal)
    - OHP 75 -> 85
    - Deadlift 210 -> 230
    - Squats 195 -> 210
    - Bench 130 -> 140

5. Nothing weight wise. I mean, I have a goal. But I don't want a solid statement because I'm tired of psyching myself out and not hitting it. Only thing I will say here is: less junk food. Really. February was like an all you can eat buffet. That stops now!

Off to do deads! Uzzah!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hopefully will deadlift ~bodyweight this month!
    I monitor what I eat and such but I'm really bad at being at a deficit every day, especially weekends. But training for a 10k in April is helping with the long runs. I was doing so well for a good part of this month until this week. When I ran out of fresh produce and didn't do any meal prep because work was so busy. Work is not looking quite so busy this month but we'll see...
  • MissWinters86
    Options
    My first goal this month is to keep up the lifting! I just finished my second day doing Stronglifts. I've been stalking this forum for months- you guys are the ones who motivated me to start! Thankfully I have a fitness trainer friend who showed me how to do the lifts properly. I'm not doing OHP because it hurts an old shoulder injury, so I'm substituting it with another shoulder exercise. Super excited about this!

Other goals this month....
    -I'm going on a cruise this week! so, my goal is to actually use the gym :)
    -After the cruise, I want to do a trial run of less sugar. It's my addiction. I've cut back on soda a great deal for the last 6 months, but I think I can do more now. I've learned that I have to ease into things, or I give up quickly.

I'm hoping to see at least some visible results from lifting by my birthday (3+ months from now). I think that's reasonable, yes?
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've got one more month of maintenance before I start cutting for summer. Goals are to lift 3 days per week (all legs) and keep the same aerial schedule--two classes plus an open gym. I'm also adding a pole class on Fridays.

Personal goals I'd like to ease up on the drinking. More food/less wine. I'm a social drinker, but Friday nights have gotten a bit out of hand. Need to rein it in a bit.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I want to bust past the 100 pound point on my OHP. I'm at 97, but I'm stalling and can't seem to move up....I was at 95 for a crazy long time and now 97 for three workouts and it isn't getting any easier. So, I'm going to get there this month.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Strength:
    OHP 5 x 70 pounds or 3 x 75

Cardio:
    Row 2000 meters by the end of the month.
    Run stairs outside if weather permits, if not, do a hill running program on a treadmill at least once a week.
    Keep going with my long run on Sundays, preferably outside.

Food Stuff:
    Keep going with upping my protein and fiber. Had some success with this in February, and it seems to be helping keep my binge eating under control.
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Several goals this month as I missed the boat on the entire goals thread in February!

I'm hoping to get to 65 lb. on OHP
    Deadlift up to 155 lb.
    Bench up to 65 lb.
    Squats up to 100 lb. Yikes!

I will be continuing the C25K also.

Upper body stuff is tough for me, so I hope my goals are reasonable

I started cutting today. Trying out a keto diet and joined one of the groups on here. MFP doesn't let me set my macros exactly how they're supposed to be, but I set them as close as possible and know in my head what they should actually be. I am taking pictures tomorrow and will do one every month. I'm planning to start with an 8 week cut and possibly push it to 12 before I head into maintenance. We'll see how my body responds. For now, I just want to make it through March!
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Get my squats from 95>110
    OHP from 55>60
    Deadlift from 145>160
    Bench Press from 75>85
    Learn how to Power Clean properly

Also, sleep at least 9 hours a night, keep my calorie intake right around ~1800, and run at least 3x a week at least 1 mile per run.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I had to take 6 weeks off from the program after hurting my lower back at work at the end of January. I am trying to get back to where I was before the injury. (This happened right after i hit my January goal of lifting my body-weight of 120 lbs in squats & dead-lifts.)

When I started lifting again 2 weeks ago I discovered that I had lost a considerable amount of strength. :frown:

but today I was able to squat 100lbs, and in two days I will (hopefully) be up to 90lbs on deadlifts. :smile:

Not certain that I will get back to where I was by the end of the month, but i'm going to try.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My goal for March is to get back into Stronglifts 3x/week. I moved two months ago and went through some personal struggles and stopped lifting. I got a new gym membership today and did my first lifting routine in over two months. It felt great. I started at basically the beginning weights to see how I feel.

Squats: 55lbs
    Bench: 45lbs
    Row: 50lbs

I'm going to see how I feel over this week by increasing 5lbs per workout and if I don't feel challenged enough I'll increase it more to try and get back to where I was before this move.