Instant food for when you are busy or travelling

Options
2»

Replies

• Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wholebake 9 bars are filling and make a good meal substitute with some dried fruit if required.

If the time isn't going to be too long then make thin egg pancakes and roll your favourite veg fillings into them. They have to be carried in a suitable cool bag with ice blocks. Or go for vegetarian scotch eggs (made with lentil outers) with some chilli dipping sauce.... Just don't get me started on cold picnic foods you can make and take with you, it would take too long :)

Salad bag with a tin of mixed bean salad and a small tin of sweet corn all mixed together does me for two meals. You can add a dressing if you want or a couple of sachets of mayonnaise. You need to carry a Tupperware box with you to be able to do this sort of thing.

If I have a microwave to use then a tin of fish with either precooked rice or potato (sweet or normal) and some veg. Leftovers from last nights dinner.

Frozen portions of leftovers makes for quick evening meals at home if you know you're going to be pushed for time. Carry them frozen so they will defrost later in the day.

I've recently found some cup a soups that are OK so a flask of hot water if you're not flying is always good.