Sharing some food sources with you...

Options
HappyStack
HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
I've recently started ordering my meat produce in bulk online because I'm in a pretty crappy area shop-wise (all I have is a local Tesco Extra and a small Marks & Sparks), and thought I'd share a couple of my favourite sites with you as a way to save money and get your hands on good produce.

You'll need lots of freezer space! :wink:

First one for general meats is musclefood.com - depending on what you order (starter box for 75 quid as a new customer is great) you can expect to pay around £80-£100 for about a month's worth of stuff. Very good, butcher-quality stuff from here.

Eggs! proper, free-range, hand-reared eggs from thegoodeggfellas.co.uk - less than a fiver (exl. delivery) for 30 large eggs. By comparison I usually bought Tesco's "free range" (actually just a bunch of hens in a large shed, not really allowed to roam much) box of 12 large eggs for £3. These guys also encourage you to sell on a large bunch of eggs, so to save on delivery you can order a huge amount (100+) and sell them on to friends and family who appreciate good animal husbandry.
A box of eggs will easily last over a month in the fridge and still be good to eat.

And seafood from martins-seafresh.co.uk - a box of mixed fish will cost you around £70-£90 and will last the month. They'll prep it like a proper fishmonger would, fillets, butterflied, pin boned or "canoed" and so on.

Do you have any sites you'd like to add to the list?