ESO Beta = healthy eating out the window

Options
eyecandyrayce
eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
Anyone else having trouble sticking to their daily calorie limit during ESO beta weekends?

My fiancee and I both toss calorie counting out the window (I still log mine but go way over) by ordering out and eating fast food so we can play ESO as much as possible. Just wondering if others are finding themselves in the same boat?

I'm not too overly concerned mostly because I don't eat my workout calories back during the week so I have extra calories to use on the weekends.

Replies

• tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You could always prepare some healthy meals in advance and freeze/refrigerate them, and make sure you have lots of healthy snacks like veggies, fruit, and granola so you don't resort to junk. Would be cheaper too!
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Haha I feel you. What I do (except this weekend as I was sick and didn't really care) is I find some nice frozen veggie type meals. Some come with a lot of frozen vegetables and chicken (like Voila! in the US.. though I don't know the cals on that, I just now it is similar to what I use, I live in France now). Or a piece of meat and nukable steamed veggies. Meat usually doesn't take long to cook and the nuke factor on the veggies makes for healthy laziness (does that even go together? LOL).

You could also prepare ahead of time as suggested already.

I think once the game isn't limited to short beta windows (which sucks even more for me because I always miss the end as I'm in Europe and asleep), it will be easier to pull away... that is what I am telling myself anyway XD
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am with ya. Ordered pizzas on Friday and pretty much sustained myself on that all weekend. I know I didn't get near my good macros, and probably went way over on the bad ones.

Like Anexa said, once it isn't just a limited time thing, I don't feel like it will be a big issue. But I had a toon that I had almost to level 10, and really wanted to give the PVP portion of the game a go around this time.

I love the PVP portion compared to WOW, as it is so much more immersive. Makes me think I am playing a scene from Braveheart or something as both teams rush toward each other.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the pvp part yet. I don't tend to like pvp play but it sounds like I might enjoy it some. I'll have to try that out if they have another beta before release.
  • dreams4sale
    Options
    Quick things you can buy to microwave are an option, they sell bagged veggies that steam in the bag in microwave. Pop them in and keep playing. Unbuttered popcorn for quick snack, or veggies and dip. I keep fruits on hand that I can grab here and there. Basically when I don't want to leave the computer/console because of a game I just snack on things all day that are healthy. Even frozen lean cuisine type meals would be a better option, although high in sodium.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Prepare meals in advance and freeze them, so you can microwave or just pop in oven real quick.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble sticking to their daily calorie limit during ESO beta weekends?

My fiancee and I both toss calorie counting out the window (I still log mine but go way over) by ordering out and eating fast food so we can play ESO as much as possible. Just wondering if others are finding themselves in the same boat?

I'm not too overly concerned mostly because I don't eat my workout calories back during the week so I have extra calories to use on the weekends.

I have to say that one of the reasons I haven't used my beta key is because I am afraid I will like it too much. I played Ultima Online very early in its run and spent way too many hours on it.

I had a bad-azz mofo by the end though. My guild wasn't too much for PvP but one time we decided to go spellunking in one of the dungeons and got attacked by PvPs. They all ran, I decided to fight and went through five opponents like a hot knife through butter. After that we didn't go seeking PvP, but we fought back when someone thought they'd found a soft target.