Day 5 post op

Options
Syndigutez5
Syndigutez5 Posts: 35 Member
Hello everyone, thank you all for the well wishes and support. I've been home since Friday the 28 th and so far it's been good , yesterday got away from me because I was so tired from not sleeping in the hospital, that I slept more than usual and my eating and drinking fell behind. But today I woke up feeling great and started the day with water! I'm still having trouble with air in my belly, every time I drink. Apparently I don't know how to sip with without air. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also I'm no longer having any pain that requires pain meds, I'm excited about that. The nausea wasn't bad in the beginning and the hospital staff was wonderful. They took really good care of me. All around I feel really good.
Syn

Replies

• capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    so glad to hear that -

i don't know any other way to drink water either!!!!!

As mentioned, mine is the end of March.

Please keep your food diary going. Good way to see what you are taking in. Also, I would be very interested.

Thanks and rest, walk and sip. :flowerforyou:
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are recovering very well! So happy for you! Stay hydrated, get as much rest as you need, get in the protein, and walk! You are going to do great!!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Doing great. Try using a "sippy cup" like the top lids on a 7-11 coffee cup. You can also tilt the cup up more which helps pour the liquid rather than sucking it out. Helps minimize air.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    thanks for the idea
  • ambrosia79
    ambrosia79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're doing well. Have you tried drinking the water at room temp? That helped me in the beginning, but now temperature doesn't matter and I have no problems with water at all.
  • Patty2point0
    Patty2point0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So glad you are feeling well. Looking forward to joining the losers bench!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Took me 3 months to figure out how to sip :).
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So glad all went so well for you and you are recovering so nicely. Remember, there is water in decaf tea and coffee. If you like flavored water, try that as well (they sell some with protein in it). I have never tried any of these, but think I'm going to have to.

CONGRATULATIONS on your progress so far.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I never thought of using a travel mug for water. I use it for coffee and never entered my mind. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Going to start using travel mug tomorrow.