Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
any plans

Replies

• Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,183 Member
    Options
    Food tonight might be pork chops and potato dumplings!!! :happy: On a serious note….

I am glad to have increased time this year, in fact I feel like I got a head start on Lent. I am currently on medical leave from my job. In late Jan. the doctors told me I had an ovarian tumor that had all the indicators of cancer-- scheduled me for a hysterectomy in early Feb. Well, of course, some people survive this diagnosis, but my abdominal mass was quite sizable, and that decreased my odds. Yet, I remained hopeful! God was holding me up, through it! I came to some acceptance that I may not reach the 75-80 years of average life span with my husband. I looked at my precious adult children, with gratefulness that they were grown and not quite so needy of their Mom.

Well, hallelujah, the tumor was benign, there were some other issues and though I need lots of time to thoroughly heal from this, I have gained perspective. I find myself gravitating toward St. Theresa of Avila, as she had such great perspective! I continue to pray the St. Peregrine chaplet for those I know who are struggling with cancer, and for those I don't know, who are feeling desperate.

My prayers of thanksgiving need to increase. My service/prayer for others who suffer need to increase. I feel much more connection to suffering humanity. One of my MFP's said it well, with "This road we're on was fashioned a long time ago."
    I am trying to figure out what, specifically, God wants from me as a result of this experience.

Glad you started this. God shower you with special blessings this day and have a holy Lent.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    We had steak and pork chops, creamed spinach, and roasted potatoes. No king cake - we have a gluten intolerance in our house and couldn't find a GF king cake. Drat. There were parades in our area, but we didn't make it to any of them.

And now starts the buckling down, contemplation, and all those other Lenten good things.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I didn't have any real plans for a mini mardi gras. I just found out my favorite new orleans restaurant here in Pburgh had a fire 2 weeks ago. how did I not know this??