Is anyone else excited...

Options
for daylight savings time to go into effect this weekend?!?

I will finally be able to run outside after work as the daylight lasts longer and CAN NOT wait.

Replies

• jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am SO excited to ditch the stupid headlamp!!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Our weekday group runs won't be in the dark any more.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes! So excited!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's about dang time!!!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    YES! Can't wait to be able to run and ride in the evenings without headlamps or helmet lights!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I do most of my running at 6AM so this is not the good news for me it is for all of you.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yay for no more dark ages!!!!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, no! A thousand times no. Daylight Savings Time should be abolished. There is no good reason for it!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, no! A thousand times no. Daylight Savings Time should be abolished. There is no good reason for it!

But, but, but it saves daylight!

Don't you have any compassion?

Don't you realize that if we don't save some daylight every day, we don't get any more daylight 'til the next day?

Carson, please, come to your senses!

<sarc>
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Nope. Morning runner. I am constantly in the dark.
  • jaz141
    jaz141 Posts: 32
    Options
    I do most of my running at 6AM so this is not the good news for me it is for all of you.

Ah, that's true. I have recently switched to doing some morning runs (on the treadmill) so I didn't think about that. But eventually the daylight will get long enough that even 530am runs should be light enough.

To all of you wearing headlamps and such- that's great! I never even considered something like that.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Oh man, I am so with you on this one, Carson! I love how they keep moving it around to placate business interests, which is why it was created in the first place!
  • KeithAngilly
    Options
    Personally, I am excited about the prospect of being able to do my pre-dawn runs again! Come on spring!
  • KeithAngilly
    Options
    Oh, and I am also excited about the prospect of getting to run on the local track again!!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I decided that it was BS when my kids were little and I was trying to put them to bed at 8 and it was dark until after 9. It's totally unecessary.
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    No. As a morning runner, it's a pain. I like to start my runs 20 minutes before dawn.

This morning, as an aside, dawn coincided with low tide. A spectacular beach run!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I decided that it was BS when my kids were little and I was trying to put them to bed at 8 and it was dark until after 9. It's totally unecessary.

I gotta agree with you there! Children awake and happy at dawn is not fun. I am just happy the sun won't be setting at the end of my runs though.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes! I am so excited to run when it isn't dark when I get home from work! And that means less treadmill too!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Sigh. For some of us who like to run early morning before the work day begins, it means staying in the gym on the boring treadmill another few weeks. But within another month of so, there will be plenty of light before and after work for a lot of us.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Daylight Savings Time: Not. A. Fan.