Hi, been here a while but never introduced myself

Options
PewterSky
PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
Hello everyone!

I'm 26 years old and I've been diagnosed with PCOS for quite a while now. Last year has not been good for me, my doctor wrote a glucose tolerance test for me back in June when I went to her with complaints of low energy, headaches etc

The results came back quite clear and they told me I had Type II Diabetes, I have to admit it's hit me a lot harder than I let on. I believe I haven't got anyone else but myself to blame. Ever since then I have become so paranoid, it's just this thing in my head that having diabetes so young is only going lead to an early grave. I am not the most open person and find it hard to talk to people and seek support. I currently weigh 220 lbs, I have lost 35 lbs but my progress is slow. The doctor has put me on 2500 mg of metformin.

My endocrinologist says that I can get rid of the diabetes if I lose all the excess weight and be off the pills too but I'm not sure if that's possible. I used to read up on a lot regarding this but there's always a bunch of different stuff being said online and to be honest it makes me stressed and anxious so I've stopped doing it.

I try to have a healthy routine, a balance of work and work out but I really lack motivation. I'd love it if I can make some friends here, be able to talk to them when I feel down and get support. As of now, there's no one I talk to regarding my difficulties.

Ever since losing 35 lbs, I've been stuck on a certain weight and it's pretty frustrating. I will be honest, I have cheated and missed days of workout but I am wishing to start fresh now, more determined, with a group of people so that I don't fall off in the middle.

Thanks a lot for hearing me out. I'd love to hear from you all :)

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i understand how frustrzting the weight loss battle can be.....I have just under 200lbs more to lose. after i lost my workout partner and my husband went into the hospital for over a month i found working out to be hard to stick tot. Just know u r not alone
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It can be so tough but there is tons of support here. Feel free to add me - my diary is open and i love to offer and receive support!
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    Thank you for understanding! :)