Start Up - Nutrition

Mainesthai
Mainesthai Posts: 9 Member
Hi guys,
I've been searching for a group that is focused on eating clean and healthy - as well as routinely exercising. I came across this group, but there were no discussions. Whats up with that? In any event - I figured I'd start something.

I am 5'8" and 150 pounds. Athletic build (arm and legs), but carrying more wieght than I want to in the torso. I'm busy career-wise, so I only work out 3 times a week. I recenty cut out going out for lunch during the week and given up alcohol. (I drink socially - 2 glasses of wine when I go out).

This weekend I made a large pot of sweet potato and leek soup (all wholesome foods, including vegatble stock), that was awesome - its likely to last me through out the week. These are my recommendations: purchase small containers for lunch; one-pot cooking on Sunday (turkey chili, chicken stew with veggies); salads (baby romaine, cherry tomato, chick peas, roasted corn, 4oz of grilled chicken, peanuts - for crunch - and vegan asian dressing); and lots of water. Try this for a week and let me know how it works for you.