garmin 220 - does anyone use it?

Options
nowornever250
nowornever250 Posts: 69 Member
Hi

I have been looking at the Garmin 220 (purple colour, don't think that bit of information is important though!) - does anyone use one and would they recommend it?

Thanks Anne

Replies

• jessi1199
    jessi1199 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it!! It is so lightweight compared to my old 205 model I had been using!
  • nowornever250
    nowornever250 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Think I will be buying one.

Anne
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My 220 and i are in a fight. I had it in New Hampshire on the beach for a race and it was all happy and found the satellite really quick. In Boston where I do 99.8% of my running, I cannot get the thing to lock onto a satellite. I'm not even using it now because of it. When it starts to get warmer and i don't care if I have to stand around outside for 20 minutes first, maybe I'll try it again.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My 220 and i are in a fight. I had it in New Hampshire on the beach for a race and it was all happy and found the satellite really quick. In Boston where I do 99.8% of my running, I cannot get the thing to lock onto a satellite. I'm not even using it now because of it. When it starts to get warmer and i don't care if I have to stand around outside for 20 minutes first, maybe I'll try it again.

You might try turning it on and putting it in a windowsill. I do this while I am getting dressed and it's locked and ready to go when I head out the door. I have a different garmin, but I that shouldn't matter.

Good luck!