Has Anyone...

Options
babynew
babynew Posts: 613 Member
Tried Kelp
Black Bean. Or
Mung Bean ( raw) Noodles?

..& Whatdya think?.. I've heard different things..
Any Faves?

Replies

• babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    These are Each Raw Noodles.. although all Mung bean noodles aren't raw I hear..

These Mung & Black Bean noodles are supposed to be like fettuccini noodles. And only need soaked over night & only have 2 ingredients:, itself and water. I am not sure about the Kelpnoodles.

Any thoughts?:flowerforyou:
  • JessiGoodwin
    Options
    I've tried kelp noodles and was pretty pleased. They didn't taste fishy (thank goodness), just had a very mild flavor. Interestingly they were very crunchy (sort of like celery) right out of the package, but within in hour of sitting in whatever dish I had made (for example leftovers kept overnight in the fridge and eaten the next day) the noodles became much softer and more 'noodle like'.

My 2 year old LOVED kelp noodles and we ate them several times last summer. I find since the weather has been colder I can't handle eating much raw food. I want warm comforting things and cold noodle salads are out of the picture for now. I've been really wishing I was eating exclusively raw again because my results were AMAZING and I felt terrific. I just can't seem to wrap my head around what to eat when its cold.

Any advice for raw cold weather comfort food(s)?

:)
  • saraf3m
    saraf3m Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've tried kelp noodles and was pretty pleased. They didn't taste fishy (thank goodness), just had a very mild flavor. Interestingly they were very crunchy (sort of like celery) right out of the package, but within in hour of sitting in whatever dish I had made (for example leftovers kept overnight in the fridge and eaten the next day) the noodles became much softer and more 'noodle like'.

My 2 year old LOVED kelp noodles and we ate them several times last summer. I find since the weather has been colder I can't handle eating much raw food. I want warm comforting things and cold noodle salads are out of the picture for now. I've been really wishing I was eating exclusively raw again because my results were AMAZING and I felt terrific. I just can't seem to wrap my head around what to eat when its cold.

Any advice for raw cold weather comfort food(s)?

:)

There's a Vietnamese dish called Pho that I like to mimic. You can look up the traditional dish to compare my inspiration but basically I boil water with spices as my broth and ladle over my bowl of whatever I feel like eating for my "soup". I'm not sure how strictly Raw you are, I've gotten mixed feedback on doing this since hot water is technically cooking my ingredients, but it satisfies my purpose.

I also make my own "hot cocoa" by using 1tsp raw cocoa powder, hot water, and almond milk to finish (since almonds are naturally sweet). I've served this with raw honey for those who like it sweeter. The powder is very fine, so slow pour in your water to paste it up first, then add more slowly while stirring. Again, I don't know how strict you are with your Raw diet. hth