getting over the winter blahs

Options
dawnp1833
dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
Hi - just checking in to see if anyone is still part of this group.
I'm trying to pull myself out of a rut and get motivated and back on track. This awful long Chicago winter has resulted in me feeling like a total slug wanting to curl up on my couch in my jammies and eat comfort food whenever I'm not at work.
I look and feel gross as a result. I'm trying to find a way to get back in the swing of healthy eating and exercise, but I'm having a hard time getting over the hump.

How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! The group has been quiet lately.

Don't say you look gross! That won't help. Now that spring is coming (supposedly), you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back to it. You can do this!

I, too, am trying to get out of a rut. After injuring my back in December, I've had a really hard time getting back to my workout routine. I found a challenge group to burn 3500 per week. That has taken me from one extreme to the other... I'm taking a mandatory rest day (per Hubby) because I'm overdoing it and am burning myself out after only a week. So, I need to find a happy medium. I'm gaining and losing the same 2 or 3 pounds, but I think that's due in part to playing around with my calorie goal and exercise goal. So, I'll work out the kinks and see what happens.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I did great this winter, last winter was a different story, I gained 15 lbs Learn from your mistakes. I did not eat ham this Christmas even though my adult soon whined about it. We had turkey. I tried not to eat my feelings, that is hard especially holiday time. I was cautious and made myself go to the gym on cold days. I ate lots of soup and beans and protein. Figure out what you did wrong so you can fix it, I know the year before I had a terrible time. You can do this, can tell you are very pretty from your picture, you cant let yourself go down hill.

where are all the people that were on this. I have not seen the lady who started this for 5 months, sure miss her.