Have you changed Micros? Calcoum, Iron, etc?

Options
elg1982
elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
TTC soon, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about nutrition. I'm all good with calories macos, etc. Should I change my settings for Calcium, Iron or anything else?

Replies

• katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and haven't changed any of my macro settings. Mostly I'm just trying to get down what I can since almost everything sounds gross! I did start on prenatals months before I got pregnant. That would be an easy way to get some of those nutrients you'll need later on. Good luck on your TTC journey!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No I didn't change anything, that will be too much info and I will start obsessing :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Before I was pregnant I'd altered the percentages to give me more protein, but that was nothing to do with TTC, but just because I thought the protein amount was pretty low. I'd manually entered my calorie amount anyway based on TDEE -20% and then minus a bit more!

When you're pregnant you might find you feel nauseous in the first trimester and just eat whatever you can manage! I felt awful from about 6-14 weeks and I was just focusing on eating what I could. I hated even going into the kitchen and opening the fridge!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I upped protein and iron when my doctor told me to.